Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel vouchers

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Spoke to a mate after the Blackpool game who didn't know anything about the voucher system. He honestly thought the travel was part of season ticket and he said he had just been showing his smart card on the buses on match days and had never been asked for a voucher, so it seems the 30 quid outlay is a waste of money!

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
My brother bought 3 books over 3 weeks ago. None have arrived. Even though there was a piece on the club site saying stewards will be checking for them last saturday, they weren't...

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Spoke to a mate after the Blackpool game who didn't know anything about the voucher system. He honestly thought the travel was part of season ticket and he said he had just been showing his smart card on the buses on match days and had never been asked for a voucher, so it seems the 30 quid outlay is a waste of money!

I have never been asked on the train, But rumours have it they MIGHT start asking soon.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ordered three books - one has turned up, and the club have since been sending tickets for individual games for the other two

put simply, its a shambles

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th

I got on a bus in Church Road, Hove to get into town before the Blackpool game, showed the driver my smartcard and he said 'fine, on you go'!!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Only time I've been asked for a voucher or ticket on train was doncaster game when we were made to leave the station to come back in

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Please tell me what Law, says that something correctly addressed to me, and delivered to my place of residence, with correct name and address does not then belong to me?
For what it's worth...

The Unsolicited Goods and Services Act used to give the sender of unsolicited goods 6 months to arrange for the collection of such goods (at the sender's expense and at a time convenient to the recipient), after which they became the recipient's property. (You were also supposed to notify the sender, within 30 days of receipt, that he should arrange collection and that you'd regard the goods as yours after 6 months). The Act has now been amended and you have the right to regard any genuinely unsolicited goods as an outright gift from the moment the goods arrive.

That brings us to the provisions of the Theft Act, which makes it an offense to seek to benefit from the errors of others. (For example, if a bank employee accidentally fills a cash machine with £50 notes, instead of £20 ones, it's an offence not to return excess money which is paid out to you).

Although the fact they are duplicates of the item you ordered probably means they aren't unsolicited goods.

So, long story short - send them back to the club like I did when I received duplicates.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
For what it's worth...

Although the fact they are duplicates of the item you ordered probably means they aren't unsolicited goods.

So, long story short - send them back to the club like I did when I received duplicates.

Was going to reply as requested but this has done it for me.

What actually intrigued by was your mind set in that you genuinely believed that they were yours to sell on without any regards to there rightful owner even if you knew morally you knew it was not the case.

Guess it’s a generation thing, if I find or given some thing that is not mine, I think how do I get this back to where it should be, where as you take the line, someone cocked up so I’m going to profit from it.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The travel vouchers I ordered for the Sunderland match still haven't arrived, although they did e-mail me a replacement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here