Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer Rumour - Wilmar Barrios

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Alzate, Molumby, Lallana, Gross, Dale. I would easily prefer any of these to Davy.

Then other alternatives if required who can play in the middle (eg Ben White, MacAllister). They would probably as well as him..

Plus this new fella?

I just don’t see Davy coming ahead of all these guys. He’s a decent squad player at best. Can’t score, can’t tackle, slow, gives goals away, struggles with Potters quick first time passing. He’s offski imo.

None of us know, so let’s wait and see.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Seen him play a few times in copa america. Very quick, loves a tackle also seems a bit reckless though. Would be brilliant for a pressing team he's all over players like a rash but also can see him getting plenty of red cards and giving silly fouls away. Completely different to anything we currently have. Positives is he would add a lot of energy to our midfield, actually shoots moves the ball forward and shoots. If I were to compare him to prem players we're looking at a mix between Jefferson Lerma and Lucas Torreira from what I've seen.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Alzate, Molumby, Lallana, Gross, Dale. I would easily prefer any of these to Davy.

Then other alternatives if required who can play in the middle (eg Ben White, MacAllister). They would probably as well as him..

Plus this new fella?

I just don’t see Davy coming ahead of all these guys. He’s a decent squad player at best. Can’t score, can’t tackle, slow, gives goals away, struggles with Potters quick first time passing. He’s offski imo.

Molumby, Stephens, Gross, Alzate , Lallana in holding midfield over Propper? What's the thought process behind that?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So Davy being a Netherlands international = squad player but this guys being a Colombian International = starter?

I never said the signing in itself was risky, I said selling Propper would be risky.

As much as you don't rate him, he was our starting CM last year and was a large reason as to why we stayed up.

he wasn't, he doesnt offer neither goals or assists so could argue he contributed to the reason we were in trouble up to lockdown.

He Rarely takes the game by the scruff of the neck and is often a passenger. Occasionally will spin a nice pass with the outside of his foot and people then claim is decent.

We wouldnt miss him at all IMO. Can get better than him for sure

This Wilma looks decent

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
he wasn't, he doesnt offer neither goals or assists so could argue he contributed to the reason we were in trouble up to lockdown.

He Rarely takes the game by the scruff of the neck and is often a passenger. Occasionally will spin a nice pass with the outside of his foot and people then claim is decent.

We wouldnt miss him at all IMO. Can get better than him for sure

This Wilma looks decent

Have you seen how many goals and assists Wilmar Barrios got last season...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Paging [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] - he's one of your seven...

Sorry I will not validate with my presence, a thread that begins:-

Transfer Rumour ...

I weep for humanity.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Molumby, Stephens, Gross, Alzate , Lallana in holding midfield over Propper? What's the thought process behind that?

I’ve already said a fair amount there. Go back and read.

Or alternatively explain why we shouldn’t sell Davy, make your case.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I can see Ben White playing DM

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Plus this new fella?

I have no issue with people criticising Propper but I find comments like this very odd. We may well play a midfield two if we play three at the back. If we do, Gross and Lallana are not even competing with him. No way either of them plays in a midfield two. And Molumby has never played a Premier League game so how can you judge that?

I would prefer Propper to Stephens but can understand why you'd say the opposite. I agree re Alzate and think he may well start the season alongside Bissouma, especially as Propper missed the Chelsea friendly. However to say players who probably won't be competing with him (as they would be playing in a front three instead) suggests an agenda of some sort

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet] 1301908143082033153[/tweet]

"Do not believe the rumors, I am happy at Zenit and in Saint Petersburg. My family and I have adapted perfectly to the city," Barrios said. "I am fully focused on winning even more trophies and doing well in the Champions League with this club."

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So Propper 1 goal in Premier League = no good?

Barrios 1 goal in Russian League = good?

Bissouma also only scored 1 goal last season...

yep midfield was shit for goals.

Biss has some drive and aggression though .

Propper - not for me clive , just my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here