Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer Rumour - Wilmar Barrios

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I think he's a troll. Or gone mad. Either way, it's tragic.
[MENTION=1647]b.w.2.[/MENTION] sort yourself ayhert* son.

*I believe this is the full English pronunciation.

You just don’t agree. I will post exactly what I think. Seriously, it is tough if you and others don’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I have NEVER claimed this. It doesn’t stop me from justifiably criticising when they clearly are under-performing only in respect of our strike force

hmm? if you don't know all the ins and outs of mr bloom's masterplan, how can you know that they are clearly under performing? my guess would be that they are doing exactly as he tells them, and he is beyond reproach :shrug:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have NEVER claimed this. It doesn’t stop me from justifiably criticising when they clearly are under-performing only in respect of our strike force

I'm glad you know what budget and parameters Tony Bloom has set the recruitment team when you criticise their "under-performance".

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And how would you know that, oh right you don’t.

They prioritise signings and will allocate budget to each position. The budget based on the current market, availability of players in a particular position and demand for specific positions. That way you don’t get sucked into a bidding war. However if you got a defender under budget you can use that to back of another signing. What you don’t do is say ‘ we need a striker but that midfielder has a nice arse so we’ll chuck our striker budget on him’

It’s not monopoly, they actually put some thought to it ... a year you should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is some flexibility you are correct but I can assure you we haven’t got a lot of wriggle room

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
hmm? if you don't know all the ins and outs of mr bloom's masterplan, how can you know that they are clearly under performing? my guess would be that they are doing exactly as he tells them, and he is beyond reproach :shrug:

Try telling the previous head of recruitment that

If you can find him!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm glad you know what budget and parameters Tony Bloom has set the recruitment team when you criticise their "under-performance".

It is amazing to me that any of our fans can claim we have done well with striker recruiting since we joined the prem. I don’t need an in-depth knowledge of the inner recruitment sanctum to make that judgement! It is not even a close call. Only Maupay has anywhere near cut it.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It is amazing to me that any of our fans can claim we have done well with striker recruiting since we joined the prem. I don’t need an in-depth knowledge of the inner recruitment sanctum to make that judgement! It is not even a close call. Only Maupay has anywhere near cut it.

Yes, but you cannot criticise the recruitment team if you don't know what job spec they are working with.

If Tony says "recruit a striker but wages cannot be over £50K per week" then it is a bit rum to criticise the recruitment team for not signing up a £70K per week striker, for example.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Yes, but you cannot criticise the recruitment team if you don't know what job spec they are working with.

If Tony says "recruit a striker but wages cannot be over £50K per week" then it is a bit rum to criticise the recruitment team for not signing up a £70K per week striker, for example.

True, but I actually would never dream Tony would put our recruitment team in such an impossible position. At least not whilst going public with the top 10 ambition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
True, but I actually would never dream Tony would put our recruitment team in such an impossible position. At least not whilst going public with the top 10 ambition.

Maybe it's hard to recruit players here, now we are the least biggest club in the premiership?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Every thread is about the non singing of strikers ffs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Every thread is about the non singing of strikers ffs

They are the only ones we know about.

Anyway, what about letting Murray go, though? Never saw that coming ???

Now everyone knows we are in need of a striker. The prices will go through the roof.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
They are the only ones we know about.

Anyway, what about letting Murray go, though? Never saw that coming ???

Now everyone knows we are in need of a striker. The prices will go through the roof.

No the negotiations will become tougher. Next up a few losses at the start of the season and it will get even tougher, but that is okay because we still have 28 days to fail to land our striker target.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Can we just have b w 2 wants a striker thread and stop derailing all the others, I keep thinking there is news.

this, I've clicked on different threads four or five times now thinking that there's been a development of some sort but it's just b.w 2 arguing with about 90% of NSC

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
this, I've clicked on different threads four or five times now thinking that there's been a development of some sort but it's just b.w 2 arguing with about 90% of NSC

I agree [emoji106]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No the negotiations will become tougher. Next up a few losses at the start of the season and it will get even tougher, but that is okay because we still have 28 days to fail to land our striker target.

So, what you're saying is that there is nothing to worry about because we have 28 days to go, although the negociations have become tougher because Murray has gone to Watford?

Yes, I can see that the announcement of Murray's loan would have shaken the football world to it's foundations. All the potential deals would of course still be on the table, but the negotiations.....oh, those negotiations. Hard. Very hard.

I get it now. But, as you say, 28 days is a very long time indeed and we will be OK! I wish you had said this earlier, though. It would have put my mind at reast. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here