Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains at a standstill at Gatwick

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Do you catch the 07.29 from Brighton? It turned into my London Bridge train so I was most pleased with that :thumbsup:

7.14 from Brighton. It's been tardy all week and finally gave up the ghost today. Congrats on actually getting a train this morning :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
7.14 from Brighton. It's been tardy all week and finally gave up the ghost today. Congrats on actually getting a train this morning :)

Yeah that train is rubbish, I usually get to the station about 7.20 and more often than not the 7.14 is still sitting there. I reckon this morning is the first time in 2014 I've got a train which has arrived on time, cracking effort from Southern/National Rail.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I've long since come to the conclusion that Gatwick Express consider the 7.14 to be optional. They might as well put a question mark next to it on the timetable.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am expecting Southern to introduce a champagne cork type ditty like Ryanair does but just celebrate the fact you did actually arrive at the intended destination.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Having stepped off at Preston Park for a coffee only to find my train gone when I returned. Wasn't long till the next one and seem to be back on track.

theboybilly

Day off today so not my fault. I have however the dubious pleasure of travelling to London Bridge later today for drinks at the Market Porter. You all have my sympathy, but whoever gets the franchise when it's announce in May nothing will change. :annoyed:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Day off today so not my fault. I have however the dubious pleasure of travelling to London Bridge later today for drinks at the Market Porter. You all have my sympathy, but whoever gets the franchise when it's announce in May nothing will change. :annoyed:

The Market Porter. Good choice :drink:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Inexcusable. How can one train cause such chaos?

Useless useless wankers.

Because it only takes one train to fail in the wrong place for it to lock up the whole junction at Gatwick, I'm not sure how that makes them useless wankers but there you go.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Glad I caught a nice early train this morning.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because it only takes one train to fail in the wrong place for it to lock up the whole junction at Gatwick, I'm not sure how that makes them useless wankers but there you go.

?? Are you serious? Creating a system where one single train can do so much damage seems pretty damn useless to me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ooooops, sorry, I forgot:

This wouldn't happen in Germany.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
?? Are you serious? Creating a system where one single train can do so much damage seems pretty damn useless to me.

Is it any different to the chaos that can be caused by a road vehicle breaking down in the wrong place? Or a plane conking out in the middle of a runway? Or a boat coming to grief at the harbour entrance? Where ever you have a transport system you have the potential for chaos if something breaks down in the wrong place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here