Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*TRAIN NEWS* Brighton main line closed tomorrow

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I am no engineer. But clearly Network Rail have not consulted experts. Why not invest in some proper drainage?

Because investing in 'proper drainage' for a flood event that's a 1 in 100 occurrence at least is plainly very stupid?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am no engineer. But clearly Network Rail have not consulted experts. Why not invest in some proper drainage?

Network Rail clearly have done nothing. A complete inept organisation run by morons who are clearly do not know what their doing.

Have used trains in the developing world, it is a much more pleasant and reliable system to the crap we have over here. Simple fact.

This. Which of the tunnels is it which floods regularly? Balcombe? This has occurred regularly for decades. I'm no expert but even I would have figured out a few decades ago that this needed a complete remedy instead of at least 40 years of sticking-plasters.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So you mention costs again. Cant spend any money eh? lets carry on, on the cheap and have crap services. How much money does crap trains cost the economy I wonder. Lost productivity etc.

You cannot defend the dross we get in terms of trains in Sussex.

You want to pay for all this - then fares will go up as the government want passengers to pay.

Compared to the North, we get a good service. 7 or 8 trains an hour from Brighton to/from London with 2 an hour between Bognor/Worthing/Littlehampton/Lewes/Eastbourne and London. 5 trains an hour between Brighton and Lewes too - other parts of the country would love the service we get down here.

PS - you havent backed your "facts" up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Transport manager has tweeted NO RACECOURSE SITE.

Transport Manager ‏@BHAFCtransport now
Mill Rd & Lewes Rd P&R sites have limited room. £4per adult & £2 U16's. Racecourse not open at present I'm trying to get extra buses #BHAFC

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You want to pay for all this - then fares will go up as the government want passengers to pay.

Compared to the North, we get a good service. 7 or 8 trains an hour from Brighton to/from London with 2 an hour between Bognor/Worthing/Littlehampton/Lewes/Eastbourne and London. 5 trains an hour between Brighton and Lewes too - other parts of the country would love the service we get down here.

It's pathological with you isn't it? You just can't help yourself can you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Because investing in 'proper drainage' for a flood event that's a 1 in 100 occurrence at least is plainly very stupid?

See post #63

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Sorrry what facts do you need to learn?

Ok, so because other places in UK have it worse, we should be happy? Such a shame that you seem content with rubbish, on the basis others have it worse.

You don't work for Southern do you?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It's pathological with you isn't it? You just can't help yourself can you?

No, just correcting people who cant get "facts" correct.

Theres an opinion - and then there is stating something as a "fact".

Sorrry what facts do you need to learn?

Ok, so because other places in UK have it worse, we should be happy? Such a shame that you seem content with rubbish, on the basis others have it worse.

You don't work for Southern do you?

The "facts" you stated a few posts back with nothing to prove them. Its far from rubbish, yeah things go wrong - but what else do you actually expect on a congested railway running on pretty much Victorian infrastructure. And no I dont work for Southern.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Instead of having a binfest about the railways and whose responsibility it is or isn't, can we keep this to information about how we can get to work & the game tomorrow?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh do bore off, you don't even live in this ****ing country you're just here to get upset and have a whinge for the ****ing sake of it. Not wanted or needed.

Here, here

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
No, just correcting people who cant get "facts" correct.

Theres an opinion - and then there is stating something as a "fact".

The "facts" you stated a few posts back with nothing to prove them. Its far from rubbish, yeah things go wrong - but what else do you actually expect on a congested railway running on pretty much Victorian infrastructure. And no I dont work for Southern.

I will try and get some info for you. Quite hard though given I am now in UK.

Maybe we should pay Victorian prices for the crap services we get. I have never known such poor value for money for anything as my annual season ticket. A one million pound Lada would seem better value for money.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Maybe we should pay Victorian prices for the crap services we get. I have never known such poor value for money for anything as my annual season ticket. A one million pound Lada would seem better value for money.

Go and buy a Lada and drive to work then.....

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
While the wfh option might be nice for some, others have meetings etc which need attendance.

This taken from the Southern website does not exactly help
A half hourly service will run between Hassocks and Haywards Heath, calling at Burgess Hill and Wivelsfield.
What time from Hassocks or Burgess Hill? (The approx later in the article is not much good) What time do the trains depart Haywards Heath etc.

Considering this can't really be a shock for the trains companies why is the communication so piss poor?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

I cant be bothered with you anymore - try to get an understanding before stating a load of bullsh*t which you try to disguise as "facts".

If you dont like it - drive a car or better still, put up with the service which is nowhere near as bad as you make out - and stop moaning.

While the wfh option might be nice for some, others have meetings etc which need attendance.

This taken from the Southern website does not exactly help
What time from Hassocks or Burgess Hill? (The approx later in the article is not much good) What time do the trains depart Haywards Heath etc.

Considering this can't really be a shock for the trains companies why is the communication so piss poor?

Actual times to be confirmed later this evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here