Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train disruption from London tonight?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How do refunds work with season tickets, I assume you don't need to send in your travel card?

No - with Southern you just register on their website, upload a copy of your season ticket and enter details of the delayed train. Once you registered, you only then need to enter details of the train each time. You get sent vouchers depending on the extent of the delay - and can exchange the vouchers for cash or future tickets. There doesn't seem to be any control - sure people claim for trains they weren't on.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Is it really THAT difficult to have a locomotive on standby to drag failed trains out of the way? It seems as soon as a train fails the whole operation is screwed. At one time, on the mainlines they had "Thunderbird" locomotives, waiting to rescue failed trains - you would see a locomotive stationed in the far platform at Kings Cross sometimes. Of course you still get delays, but at least they are mitigated. As soon as anything goes wrong on the Southern network, chaos breaks out.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
No - with Southern you just register on their website, upload a copy of your season ticket and enter details of the delayed train. Once you registered, you only then need to enter details of the train each time. You get sent vouchers depending on the extent of the delay - and can exchange the vouchers for cash or future tickets. There doesn't seem to be any control - sure people claim for trains they weren't on.
No control on a paper ticket but I have my season ticket loaded onto a Key and then they know exactly when I went in and out of the barriers. I get no 'more info required' from them but less chance of doing a swizz!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No control on a paper ticket but I have my season ticket loaded onto a Key and then they know exactly when I went in and out of the barriers. I get no 'more info required' from them but less chance of doing a swizz!

I guess the amount paid out to those making false claims is offset by the amount not claimed by those who forget/can't be arsed.........me, most of the time. Stupid I know.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading

Ah ok, thanks. Not sure if I could do that as my commute involves Southern, the tube, then FGW.

westy1983

Feb 28, 2005
Hove

I'm not even sure they check most of them, I've had instances when I've guessed the delay, usually over estimate it, and I've accidentally put lower and higher amounts in my season ticket cost and they've just paid what ever I put.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here