Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Free to collect if anyone wants it

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I've collected a few vintage EE Action Man figures and some of the outfits (a mix of vintage and the 40th repros). Rotate them and display in my old mum's vintage glass dome she used for flower arranging. Tbf the dome is probably worth more than the AM! Couple of mates have taken the p but last couple of girlfriends liked it (girls always like it if you're passionate about things in my experience, doesn't matter what it is). Frankly I don't care, I realised that when I pass by and look at it it always makes me smile (good memories as a kid having action men) and that's priceless and something worth keeping.
The outfits I have are all WW2 because they're also a tribute to grandad and his brothers who fought in Europe, Africa and Asia. Plus I think the Action Man is a work of art, the design and the detail for a "kids toy".
One regret is that I had the SAS outfit but chose to sell it on, which was a mistake.
20240405_103305.jpg

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I still have a six million dollar man action doll, my mum didn‘t want to buy it for me as it was a “boys” toy, but it was more interesting than a Sindy doll. I also liked match box cars and playing football. Unusual for a girl in the 70s, but I had three older brothers.

I don’t think I have changed much, on the train home from Liverpool, knowing the internet service on a train is normally piss poor, I pulled out my copy of ”Ride” motorcycle magazine to read .
Found it, Still a good looking fella, with a dodgy eye, that is suppossed to be bionic but makes things look further away.

1712310564899.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Started to collect vintage toys four years ago. Had a friend who was into it but I thought odd almost perverted. But then I fell over a Turtles figure I had as a kid and I got stuck.
Anyone else in to toy collecting? Also if you have 70s 80s 90s toys you can post photos of them here or PM me and I can tell you the value. Star Wars Transformers and Turtles most valueable rn but lots of hidden gems around lots of £100-£1000 objects just laying around collecting dust in boxes and storages.
Books for me. Specifically Rupert the Bear. I have all of them from around 1950, and quite a few from earlier. Christ, some of the early ones are eye-wateringly racist though :ohmy:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I try my best not to collect Subbuteo stuff. But there is a huge following amongst my age group.

I have to play matches against myself, alas. 9 year old me would have ran rings in a match.
I still have my results book from 1969 when I played either by myself or with one of my brothers. The players were much better quality than modern sets, but it was easy to snap legs, and this was before the era of super glue (had to use nasty yellow shite), so I don't think I have any complete teams. All in the loft now where they are likely to stay.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I think we obviously need to have an NSC Subbuteo League so that all these unused teams in the loft can get some action! Quite how we'd do that virtually I'm not sure.

I had an Action Man many years ago. Only had the basic "Tommy" uniform plus a rather smart Royal Canada Mounted Police one. Strictly speaking as i didnt have a horse model he was Canadian walking police.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think we obviously need to have an NSC Subbuteo League so that all these unused teams in the loft can get some action! Quite how we'd do that virtually I'm not sure.
I was the St Luke's School League Champion in 1981. That would be about the 100th time I've told folk on here.

We played the elementary rules though. I didn't realise there were two codes.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
The other half wanted an Action man or a six million dollar man and in an ideal world both but unfortunately she got yours truly! I watch alot of football but she now has her own toy collection, she seems happy enough and we have a happy loving relationship. Please don't ask for photos.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Toys you say . . . Only really kept scalextric on any scale. . . We're not far shy of 100 cars.
One year my parents got my brother and I a massive job-lot of Scalextric for Christmas.

Because it was 2nd hand it came packaged in an old TV box - one of those big bastard CRT TVs. What I'm trying to get across is - it was a lot of Scalextric.

My brother and I spent the morning building a track that went winding around the house. It was amazing. Had a cool tunnel section (under the couch), a series of hairpins (around the dining room table legs) and a banked turn like in Nascar.

That banked turn was in the kitchen and at a certain point in the day you could hear the frustration in my Mum's sighing as she had to put the cars back on the track for the umpteenth time whilst trying to cook Christmas dinner.

Bless her.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Subbuteo, Shmouteo....

Striker was real deal....

2009CT3967.jpg

It was actually, Fkn shite due to the limited kit and the fact if you pressed to hard the head would not come back up, and your main striker looked like a hunchback after a week.

Another thing: If a friend came round to play at my house as a child with a Fkn tie on.....

Who did that ?
The kid who took a leather satchel to school, that's who...

Jul 7, 2003
Toys you say . . . Only really kept scalextric on any scale. . . We're not far shy of 100 cars.
Have you got the C2550 Subaru Impreza WRC "the Sun" No 131?

I have one boxed that I found a while ago when moving house. Can't remember why I have it as I have never owned a Scalextric set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here