Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tour De France, ave that Millar

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Family man,

I also went to watch the Tour last year near Goudhurst but they
had to close the village it was so busy. Mind - got a fab view just
down the road...so close to the cyclists it was dangerous!

You weren't the chap I recognised and said hello to walking back to
the car afterwards were you?I recognised you because I used to sit behind
you at Withdean?

I don't recall, though my memory ain't the best.

This is me though with that lovely German bloke outside Buck Palace the day before.

Attachments

176.9 KB · Views: 80

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Credit to Columbia team today. They worked their socks off there to get Cavendish his first stage win :clap:

As much as I'm pleased for Cavendish, I too felt really sorry for the French national champion who managed to hold out right until the last 200 odd metres.

What a terrifying site that must be - the peleton closing in on you about to swallow you up like that....... and after about 130km out in front too. :(

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I don't recall, though my memory ain't the best.

This is me though with that lovely German bloke outside Buck Palace the day before.

This is the first time in about 10 years we have not been following the tour around France, work committments and have adopted a stray dog.

We did a corporate day the other year and they stop by him for photo shots we have also been around him when by the road side and he really stinks as the days pass.

Didi Senft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
This is the first time in about 10 years we have not been following the tour around France, work committments and have adopted a stray dog.

We did a corporate day the other year and they stop by him for photo shots we have also been around him when by the road side and he really stinks as the days pass.

Didi Senft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At last years prologue in London he must have turned to pose for literally thousand of photos. He would cheer a rider past then turn and willingly pose for anyone who asked. Doesn't charge a penny ( I believe he has corporate sponsors now anyway ) always ready with a smile and thankfully, being the first day of course, not a whiff off of him. I understand he follows the tour in a camper van, and like you, Liggett & Sherwin have mentioned that he gets rather, shall we say, fragrant, as time goes by :laugh:

Proper character if ever there was one. :bowdown:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Fair point, however, I think Team High Road/Team Columbia (whatever name they are using today - stupid UCI rules) know full well that Cavendish will be the better bet over the 23 days.

The current breakaway is being hauled in from 8" 15 to about 7" now. I doubt the pelaton will let the breakway win today, and I quite fancy Cavendish to win the support of Adam Hansen.
*cough*

CHA-CHINK!!! Even if I did miss out the work "with" when referring to Cav getting the support of Hansen (even though is was all of Team Columbia that supported him).

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
down to 7th, I must watch this tomorrow ...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More ammo, esp after Vaughter's interview in The Sunday Times, for the 'Lance must have cheated' brigade.

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
Another win for the Manx Express Cavendish. :bowdown:

I wouldn't be suprised if he got at least another couple of wins before the end of the tour.

And to think I beat him in a ten mile time trial [mind you he was only about 12 or 13 at the time :lolol:]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here