Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Brighton and Hove Albion **** Official Match Thread ****

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Mark McGhee and Dick Knight's team of 2005 gave Spurs a better game than our current crop. In fact, based on this season so far, it seems like we actually had a better squad back then.

Because we had a team who all pulled together for the common cause and never knew when they were beaten.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Have missed something or has Holla actually touched the ball at all!

A ~30x capped England U21 forward, and a £25 million striker, scored on us.

Color me shocked. We're obviously shite.

Nobody is disputing that but we have played premiership teams in the last couple of seasons and put in a much more positive show than tonight. Our sole ambition tonight was to keep the score down as we have no quality in attack

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I never said it was but he was never going to be sacked while we were still in the cup, just the same as Adams wasn't.

I don't think it's fair to boot him now. If we were going to do that we should have done it after Saturday. I think he'll get Bournemouth, and then the two home games after that. If he doesn't win one of them he'll be gone.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Of all the reasons Sami has to go for, losing away at White Hart Lane is not one of them.

I agree, it's not been redeeming, but if you'd told me we'd lose 2-0 before kick off I'd have said that's optimistic on recent form.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Utter crud if we are being honest.

Offered nothing all game. Look like a poor league 1/2 team.

A bit harsh, we look like what we are, a very poor championship team lacking in confidence, passing ability and not able to retain possession.
We have been toyed about tonight and it is painful to watch.
I did not expect much but i was hoping for a little better than this.
At least we have put up a decent scrap though but it will do nothing for the already rock bottom confidence, another loose.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
So the run without a win stretches to 11. To be fair, we probably didn't expect anything else tonight so Sami can have this one on us.

Saturday is the real thing though.

If you're including cup games (since you mention tonight's) then it is 8 games without a win. 3-2 v Burton was our last win.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking at tonight's performance we had better worry for Saturday. And it's on TV for the world to see.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't think it's fair to boot him now. If we were going to do that we should have done it after Saturday. I think he'll get Bournemouth, and then the two home games after that. If he doesn't win one of them he'll be gone.

Personally I fear utter humiliation live on TV on Saturday, and Sami will not be in charge on Sunday,

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Ok we've worked hard and the defending has been good at times against a prem team but we have created nothing. No crosses into the box - because we don't have wingers, or we don't play them as wingers. No through balls because our midfielders can't play that type of pass. No knock downs from the striker for others to run onto because he's tiny and can't hold onto the ball.No solo runs because the 2 players that could maybe beat a player, Paddy and Lua Lua are playing in the middle where there is no space.
The players are maybe not playing their best but I honestly feel it's down to the system that we are playing whihc is the real cause to our poor performances.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here