Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory party meltdown incoming (Part 2)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Attachments

• A1849E38-820E-4FD7-8E7F-2BC11D5E4E81.jpeg
    A1849E38-820E-4FD7-8E7F-2BC11D5E4E81.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 46

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sad times for Sir Gavin.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Richie should have shown strength and sacked him. Piss poor from the midget.
presumably if he just apologised he could have been reappointed within a week? Not sure we've seen the last of him despite 3 sackings

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Richie should have shown strength and sacked him. Piss poor from the midget.
Apparently our PM accepted the resignation with "great sadness". Yeah, great sadness for the shit he is going to get at PMQs in a bit.

Sunak said he was going to lead a government with "integrity" :lolol: Then why give a job to Williamson who had already been sacked by two different PMs from two jobs? When you weigh that in with the reappointment of Leaky Sue, it seems Sunak has no more "integrity" than his predecessors.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The ex-chief whip, Wendy Morton, has filed an official complaint about Gavin Williamson. Hopefully it won't go the way of the Russia Report, or Sue Gray's report etc etc

I'd totally forgotten about the Sue Gray report. Presumably Johnson is in the Privileges Committee dock soon ?

I hope he gets suspended long enough for a recall petition, but I'm guessing the sentence will conveniently be 1 second short of the required time for this.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'd totally forgotten about the Sue Gray report. Presumably Johnson is in the Privileges Committee dock soon ?

I hope he gets suspended long enough for a recall petition, but I'm guessing the sentence will conveniently be 1 second short of the required time for this.
Has been delayed because the Government are said to be witholding important evidence.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Now Williamson is gone, the spotlight will fall back on Braveman.

Two things to keep an eye on for the next few weeks I think are if Defence is cut in the Autumn statement I think Wallace will resign, and if the triple lock on pensions is dropped there will be a back bench rebellion of some kind.

Could be a choppy few weeks.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Two things to keep an eye on for the next few weeks I think are if Defence is cut in the Autumn statement I think Wallace will resign, and if the triple lock on pensions is dropped there will be a back bench rebellion of some kind.

Yes, those possibilities might not emerge but, whatever happens, even within the Tory Party, certain groups are going to be disappointed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Braverman?

I think Raab is going to have something to say about that!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sunak?

Is he a weak coward who lets people bully him into giving them a place in the cabinet?

Is his judgment so poor he really believes these arse-holes are fit for cabinet?

Are there simply no other choices in a party bereft of any qualified personnel with a sense of morality?

All of the above?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It’s coming, it coming home, it’s coming Brexits coming home …
Spending cuts of about £35bn and plans to raise some £20bn in tax in the coming years are expected to be set out in Thursday's Autumn Statement.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Sunak?

Is he a weak coward who lets people bully him into giving them a place in the cabinet?

Is his judgment so poor he really believes these arse-holes are fit for cabinet?

Are there simply no other choices in a party bereft of any qualified personnel with a sense of morality?

All of the above?

No, he can only choose from a small, select bunch that Johnson and Truss had, i.e. the backwash, bottom of the barrel politicians who wouldn't get near the cabinet in a million years so are happy to pretend Brexit is still a good idea, perputuate and spin all the lies, corruption and gaffes. So there are many good, true conservsative politicians banished to the wings while this inept cabal carry on driving the country along the road to ruin for another 2 years, and he can't do a political left turn otherwise he won't have a mandate so has to keep flogging the Brexit dead horse

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, he can only choose from a small, select bunch that Johnson and Truss had, i.e. the backwash, bottom of the barrel politicians who wouldn't get near the cabinet in a million years so are happy to pretend Brexit is still a good idea, perputuate and spin all the lies, corruption and gaffes. So there are many good, true conservsative politicians banished to the wings while this inept cabal carry on driving the country along the road to ruin for another 2 years, and he can't do a political left turn otherwise he won't have a mandate so has to keep flogging the Brexit dead horse
Nail on head.

Our country is being run by the equivalent of Ron C Manager

What does the 'C' stand for? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here