[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
People need to unite more than ever in this country as things get a bit gloomier. Only need to look at America to see how we are slowly following that divisive mind set here. Half of them still talking about Trump 2 years on in nearly every other conversation. It's so divided and sad.

the disingenuous people at the top, need to be removed to prevent them from leading their flock astray, before the redemption is possible

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Vote Johnson, vote Plutocracy

[tweet]1540612663851499520[/tweet]

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They will if Labour particularly and the Lib Dems come up with creditable policies and a plan. They need to start doing that now and getting them out into the public conscience. At the moment a policy of "we are not Boris" may cut it for by-elections but is unlikely to work for a GE.

i wonder if it will actually be enough. with european recession inbound Johnson doesnt have the foggiest, only capacity for about one policy at a time. by time of the next election bluff over covid and oven baked brexit will be a distant memory. just not being Johnson, or Corbyn, will mean Starmer looks competent and not scary. tactical voting might not help him get a majority though.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
56A75AF9-ABFA-4ADD-BE46-2A35394E3F86.png

AFC3FAAC-DDAD-4ED8-9BE2-507849F3BBEF.jpeg

I’m shocked that the Mail could be so hypocritical.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At the moment a policy of "we are not Boris" may cut it for by-elections but is unlikely to work for a GE.

Why? There are only by-elections to worry about. There's not going to be a general election for about 30 months, plenty of time to come up with some policies: why give the Tories any notice of what they're up to? It would be like Potter naming his side a week before a match. "We're not Boris" will do fine for now

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
View attachment 149131

View attachment 149132

I’m shocked that the Mail could be so hypocritical.

There was another Mail headline in the autumn of 2019 of Stand Aside Nigel, urging him to withdraw his Brexit Party candidates, which he did by standing down 300 of them.

The hypocrisy increases when some Tory enablers are gloating over the Lab candidate in Devon, and the LD candidate in Yorkshire losing their deposits.
They want it both ways, accusing them of a pact which cannot be true because both parties put candidates in.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't believe that will happen.

Johnson will go when the ERG decide. They have cunning strategists. They know the UK is in for a rough ride for a while. If they bin Jonson too early, they will fear the floaters will vote elsewhere. Binning Johnson closer to the next GE will more likely result in the floaters being prepared to give the replacement a chance.

I'm sick of the sight and sound of that fat messy lying bungle****.

I’m not so sure and am still hopeful that one way or another, the Tory party will find a way to rid themselves of the wretched man sooner rather than later.
Anyway, I can live in hope.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
They will if Labour particularly and the Lib Dems come up with creditable policies and a plan. They need to start doing that now and getting them out into the public conscience. At the moment a policy of "we are not Boris" may cut it for by-elections but is unlikely to work for a GE.

i wonder if it will actually be enough. with european recession inbound Johnson doesnt have the foggiest, only capacity for about one policy at a time. by time of the next election bluff over covid and oven baked brexit will be a distant memory. just not being Johnson, or Corbyn, will mean Starmer looks competent and not scary. tactical voting might not help him get a majority though.

Well I think everyone is entitled to live in hope :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Vote Johnson, vote Plutocracy

[tweet]1540612663851499520[/tweet]

Brilliant post.

Strangle the public sector with inflation linked pay rise stops BS whilst sending a message to bankers and the like that we are treasure island and their exploitation will be untaxed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apparently this sort of thing is dishonest according to Braverman...of course breaking International Laws isnt!

I expect we’re only one more by-election loss away from a bill making it illegal to vote for a party which isn’t in Government on the current trajectory.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Must admit, I wish Sunak would go even more than Boris (just). It's like the bad old Gordon Brown days when I used to dread every time the Chancellor opened his mouth, leaked a thought or delivered a Budget. Now Sunak is after works pensions (allegedly). Call himself a Tory!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently a couple of dozen Tory MPs have handed in letters to the 1922 committee asking for the 12 month rule to be changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports