Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hope that some others in the Cabinet, fed up with having to lie and defend the indefensible, will now show that they have the balls to tell Johnson his time is up and rid the country of this dreadful PM.

I don't believe that will happen.

Johnson will go when the ERG decide. They have cunning strategists. They know the UK is in for a rough ride for a while. If they bin Jonson too early, they will fear the floaters will vote elsewhere. Binning Johnson closer to the next GE will more likely result in the floaters being prepared to give the replacement a chance.

I'm sick of the sight and sound of that fat messy lying bungle****.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Johnson will go when the ERG decide. They have cunning strategists. They know the UK is in for a rough ride for a while. If they bin Jonson too early, they will fear the floaters will vote elsewhere. Binning Johnson closer to the next GE will more likely result in the floaters being prepared to give the replacement a chance.

I'm sick of the sight and sound of that fat messy lying bungle****

This. All day long. Christ! I'm so sick of the Boris Johnson show.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I'm sick of the sight and sound of that fat messy lying bungle****.

I think they influence the decision but there aren't that many of them. Johnson is also surrounded by a number of sycophants of dubious quality who owe their increased salary to him.

It's clearly a soap opera with changing allegiances and that is Johnson's fault. He doesn't have any political friends and will stab everyone close to him in the back eventually.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Are you always a complete knob? I'm sure there must be a few posts where you're not, but they must have slipped passed me.

I disagree with plenty of what @Is It PotG says, but he [I'm sure it's a he, and old, and very white] is a complex, sophisticated person, who has always interacted intelligently with me. I see no equivalence between him and a few of the idiots that we've been subjected to on here and, fortunately, have piped down somewhat of late.
Others have a valid story to tell, and often have been jumped on by lefties on NSC -- including me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think they influence the decision but there aren't that many of them. Johnson is also surrounded by a number of sycophants of dubious quality who owe their increased salary to him.

It's clearly a soap opera with changing allegiances and that is Johnson's fault. He doesn't have any political friends and will stab everyone close to him in the back eventually.

It's the fault of an entire culture we've been subjected to. Johnson is merely the front-man that others (Dacre, Murdoch, Banks, Putin, Trump, Bannon, Barclay, Black) have thrust forward. Decreasing the influence of that malevolent lot will be an entirely different task.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I disagree with plenty of what @Is It PotG says, but he [I'm sure it's a he, and old, and very white] is a complex, sophisticated person, who has always interacted intelligently with me. I see no equivalence between him and a few of the idiots that we've been subjected to on here and, fortunately, have piped down somewhat of late.
Others have a valid story to tell, and often have been jumped on by lefties on NSC -- including me.

That's fine, but I'm afraid I don't see it the way you do, and that's fine, too.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
People need to unite more than ever in this country as things get a bit gloomier. Only need to look at America to see how we are slowly following that divisive mind set here. Half of them still talking about Trump 2 years on in nearly every other conversation. It's so divided and sad.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This. All day long. Christ! I'm so sick of the Boris Johnson show.
I'm sick of the outright lies that go unchallenged....PMQ'S last week... "And that's why we are building a new Nuclear power station every year while the party opposite..."

Absolute bollocks.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm sick of the outright lies that go unchallenged....PMQ'S last week... "And that's why we are building a new Nuclear power station every year while the party opposite..."

Absolute bollocks.

Yep. He’s like a child.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
There’s optimistic talk of having an emergency rule change and vote of no confidence before the next recess. The whispers are that this time he really is a goner. Resign or we change the rules and sack you, the vote is a formality.
Breaking the law is one thing, losing them seats is quite another for this rancid nest of c*nts.

However, my instinct is he’ll be around for the next GE. And don’t rule out them winning that too.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1540484388441538562[/tweet]

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Yep. He’s like a child.

He’s never grown beyond being a public schoolboy, specifically a house prefect at Eton. His entire existence has been forever frozen at that life stage.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He’s never grown beyond being a public schoolboy, specifically a house prefect at Eton. His entire existence has been forever frozen at that life stage.

The fact that he has prospered so successfully in this country makes me ashamed to be British. How has the country as a whole allowed someone so devoid of leadership qualities and humanity become our leader? It’s disgraceful.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson,1982 School report

“Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

Don't know what you mean :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson,1982 School report

“Boris really has adopted a disgracefully cavalier attitude to his classical studies . . . Boris sometimes seems affronted when criticised for what amounts to a gross failure of responsibility (and surprised at the same time that he was not appointed Captain of the School for next half): I think he honestly believes that it is churlish of us not to regard him as an exception, one who should be free of the network of obligation which binds everyone else.”

Don't know what you mean :lolol:

There are still Johnson supporters saying that he can change. FFS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are still Johnson supporters saying that he can change. FFS.

It is a weakness amongst some women who marry rogues, they think they can change them. It nearly always leads to abusive relationships, but somehow women don't learn and still believe the abuser, that it's all going to be alright.
I recognise this because I was in an abusive relationship for over 20 years.

Johnson is a charismatic man, but a con merchant, fooling many people. Others hang on to his coattails because they are benefitting financially. Donors keep him in place to further their own interests.
Sooner of later, the whole house of cards will fall, but not without damaging a lot of people.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The fact that he has prospered so successfully in this country makes me ashamed to be British. How has the country as a whole allowed someone so devoid of leadership qualities and humanity become our leader? It’s disgraceful.

Someone's not been paying attention to British history I see.

It's entirely predictable that a country like this should vote for a leader like that.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It is a weakness amongst some women who marry rogues, they think they can change them. It nearly always leads to abusive relationships, but somehow women don't learn and still believe the abuser, that it's all going to be alright.
I recognise this because I was in an abusive relationship for over 20 years.

Johnson is a charismatic man, but a con merchant, fooling many people. Others hang on to his coattails because they are benefitting financially. Donors keep him in place to further their own interests.
Sooner of later, the whole house of cards will fall, but not without damaging a lot of people.

Thanks for divulging that. I read this recently, and found it unsettling and thought-provoking:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...sychosis-john-peel-steve-albini-laura-marling

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here