Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Writing off £4.2billion worth of furlough fraud whilst allowing energy price rises of 54%, and giving Dido Harding £37billion for track & trace makes quite a mess, especially when working people have tax rises.

There was always going to be Furlough fraud I am afraid, the way it was rushed through so quickly meant there would be and it relied on prople being trusted, Testing was a massive success our testing levels where the highest (if not among the highest) in the world, again that is not cheap -

- In the second half of 2021 it had average spending of just over £2 billion a month. In December it spent £2.8 billion - I believe you are not a fan of ending free tests?

I am sorry, what did you expect after looking down the county for two years? It to never be paid back?

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Raise the tax on the rich, large corporations, and of course windfall tax. That's what I'd like to see but...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Raise the tax on the rich, large corporations, and of course windfall tax. That's what I'd like to see but...

Quite. We need independent bodies enforcing tax. All the while we have billionaires deciding who pays the largest percentage of tax…it ain’t gonna be billionaires.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
There was always going to be Furlough fraud I am afraid, the way it was rushed through so quickly meant there would be and it relied on prople being trusted, Testing was a massive success our testing levels where the highest (if not among the highest) in the world, again that is not cheap -

- In the second half of 2021 it had average spending of just over £2 billion a month. In December it spent £2.8 billion - I believe you are not a fan of ending free tests?

I am sorry, what did you expect after looking down the county for two years? It to never be paid back?

funny thing is at the time people asked for less checks on furlough as it was being slow or excluding some groups. no likes fraud, especially HMRC, if they are "writing off" anything its because they know they cant prove it and dont want to spend years chasing individuals for small amounts. as you say many want free tests to continue, beggers belief anyone criticise the spending on that. i know why, two years reading tweets calling it "serco test and trace" or spent on an app, people taken in. and thats before cost of vaccines, healthcare, support services, about £370billion spent.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

just had taxes rise, apparently unpopular. despite it affecting those earning above £34k, it gets called a tax on poor. we're also getting an increase on corporation tax back to 25%. windfall taxes are shit idea, break business models and planning, they'll get more corporation tax revenues anyway.

Last edited:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
He created? You can dislike the man ( I am not a fan) but to claim he is to blame for the mess of public finances is a bit of a stretch given the past two years.

Sunak is responsible as he is the chancellor. He's had two years to close any loopholes that he deigns are not in the spirit of the law, if Johnson disagrees, resign with integrity :shrug:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Quite. We need independent bodies enforcing tax. All the while we have billionaires deciding who pays the largest percentage of tax…it ain’t gonna be billionaires.

Independent body you say? Maybe the electorate could make a stand at the next election, you know vote for who they want to govern and make taxation law?

Boris won’t be leading the Tories by then anyway, thankfully.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Independent body you say? Maybe the electorate could make a stand at the next election, you know vote for who they want to govern and make taxation law?

He’d be gone by now if that was the case.

He knows that Sunak wants to put a Gove-style knife in his back so has made sure that his family tax situation was leaked. Johnson is utterly ruthless when it comes to his career. Any Tory sticking his head above the parapet will get the same treatment as the chancellor with all their skeletons being emptied from the closet.

Boris the Liar is going nowhere which is horrific for the country in the short term but possibly the opposite in the long term.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Btw Sajid Javid was non dom for six years until he decided to pay his ‘fair share’.

Javid was born in Rochdale so ask yourself how he chose to be nom dom. How many more are there?

Going back to Mrs Sunak and furlough money, despite being nom dom, and a green card holder, she claimed £100K for two companies which failed.
No wonder he didn’t want frauds investigated. Note, I am not saying she committed fraud.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Johnson has already said it will take a tank regiment to get him out of number 10. He’ll hang on as long as he can, even changing constituency borders to favour Tories.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-of-downing-st-johnson-tells-allies-g65c6j65b

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Btw Sajid Javid was non dom for six years until he decided to pay his ‘fair share’.
Incredible how our leaders love to be pro UK and wear the flag and cheer all the " World Leading " endeavours we apparently achieve but seen strangely keen NOT to be all that pro UK as to pay their taxes ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently, Rishi Sunak has ordered an investigation in No.11 Downing St in to the leaking of his wife's Non Dom status ....I'm willing to bet that this will be concluded a lot faster the Partygate Investigation....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Apparently, Rishi Sunak has ordered an investigation in No.11 Downing St in to the leaking of his wife's Non Dom status ....I'm willing to bet that this will be concluded a lot faster the Partygate Investigation....
I'm more interested in partygate, covid and Russian influence investigations.

I don't really care who actually leaked any verifiable facts about Sunak.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm more interested in partygate, covid and Russian influence investigations.

I don't really care who actually leaked any verifiable facts about Sunak.
Sorry ! It's the wrong time to actually publish or initiate investigations in to those, it's all " fluff " remember ?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This reminds me of Nonce Andrew saying that noncery was a bit 'unbecoming'.

Screenshot 2022-04-10 174206.png

Same PR outfit?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Such a sweeping statement and an insult to many decent citizens of this country.

And yet accurate. Sometimes people just need to accept harsh truths.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here