Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

ClemFandango

Oct 2, 2023
Everyone knows the Tories are screwed. They deserve the boot. Starmer only has to stay schtum to walk the election. But then what? His leadership is built on sand. Hasn’t got a single point to make about the big issues except ‘we’re not the Tories’. He’ll be toast in 18 months

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see what he did there.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Everyone knows the Tories are screwed. They deserve the boot. Starmer only has to stay schtum to walk the election. But then what? His leadership is built on sand. Hasn’t got a single point to make about the big issues except ‘we’re not the Tories’. He’ll be toast in 18 months

He has many points about the big issues and what the Labour Party intends to do about them.

You clearly need to widen your news sources. You seem to have fallen for the “he’s got no plan” lies.

Here you go, his plans for the big issues. And crucially, the desired outcomes and how they plan to get there.

You can disagree with the policies. You can question the outcomes. But you can’t say he has no plans for the issues. In fact, here they are….

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He has many points about the big issues and what the Labour Party intends to do about them.

You clearly need to widen your news sources. You seem to have fallen for the “he’s got no plan” lies.

Here you go, his plans for the big issues. And crucially, the desired outcomes and how they plan to get there.

You can disagree with the policies. You can question the outcomes. But you can’t say he has no plans for the issues. In fact, here they are….

Geebies VICTIM

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
How do you know that, if he's not saying anything?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hear you....Remember, if Starmer comes up with anything too specific as a policy it will either be stolen by the Tories or the full might of Tufton St, Fleet St and the right wing, viewer free, TV stations will shred it looking for attack lines.

Remember, the Tories are fire proof despite the corruption and lies but, if Starmer were to put a penny on Income Tax and spend it all on efforts to reduce poverty, even that would be twisted in to some kind of wastefulness.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I've seen worse!!
A raid in Worthing few years back when the police mistook a painball gun for an AK47 (it was in someones home not out in the streets) and the coppers were in plain clothes wearing a "police" baseball cap and scarves / masks pulled up over their faces - and carrying guns. At least in your pic they are identifiable by their uniform numbers.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yes - but the BBC are biased. They shouldn't be allowed to ask difficult questions.
He made his point really clearly (and in a nice manner), but persistently. So much better than the rude, aggressive, shouty egotistic willy-waving of some interviewers/broadcasters. Someone should send a link for this to Newick's most famous resident.

As for Laura Trott :facepalm:

Well and truly flummoxed, but at least she remained civil :lolol:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Thank you for that. I was shocked that the discredited and corrupt VIP fast lane was still a thing.

It would therefore seem that Starmer's problem is his inability to get those messages across. I would say that Wes Streeting put in a great performance on QT last night. He is a communicator (as is Burnham A) and that's what you need in a leader of any political party.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No need to wear a mask when on the bus, out shopping or driving a car - but there are still quite a few who do it!
I'm waiting for an operation which could be anytime now (I was on standby on Monday) and was asked at my preop assessment if I'd had covid in the last seven weeks.
You can bet your bottom dollar I am going to wear a mask on buses, in the supermarket or even at football.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

Why Is it that in the last election Boris Johnson just had to say 3 words, get brexit done, and that was enough to win a landslide, no one questioned his policies on other matters like the NHS and the economy or even precisely how he would actually get brexit done. Yet Starmer seems to be scrutinised over every single detail of his policies were he elected. Double standards. Just proves its easier to get elected on populism and just tell people what they want to hear

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here