Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Kemi Badenoch (somewhat miscast as the Minister for Women and Equality) then accuses Starmer of using Brianna's murder for political point scoring, simply beyond belief.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'm by no means saying SKS is perfect, but look at how he reacted after PMQs to the Tory MP who talked about his mental health issues:

Sunak walked straight out.

Just waiting now for Badenoch to have a pop at Starmer of doing this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He's just not a politician. Has no idea how to deflect or turn a situation to his advantage. That interview with Piers Moron was dreadful. A tiny bit of statesmanship could have made Moron look like the utter tool that he is but Sunak failed. Today was just appalling beyond measure.
He doesn't do empathy at all well, which you'd have thought was a core attribute for a politician to rise to the top of the greasy pole. He just comes across as very detached ("I don't have any working class friends") and that the PM job is all part of his career trajectory.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This thread is such a depressing list of what a corrupt cabal in complete breakdown keep doing whilst the fabric of the UK implodes around them.

The only highspots are the occasional forays into whataboutism by the last desperate dregs of the cabal's support. Betting odds, misogyny, but, but, but what about Starmer, wokeism etc etc ............... very brief comical interludes amongst the death throes. If only someone had warned about what would happen ..... oh :dunce:

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This thread is such a depressing list of what a corrupt cabal in complete breakdown keep doing whilst the fabric of the UK implodes around them.

The only highspots are the occasional forays into whataboutism by the last desperate dregs of the cabal's support. Betting odds, misogyny, but, but, but what about Starmer, wokeism etc etc ............... very brief comical interludes amongst the death throes. If only someone had warned about what would happen ..... oh :dunce:
Chin up chap.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
He doesn't do empathy at all well, which you'd have thought was a core attribute for a politician to rise to the top of the greasy pole. He just comes across as very detached ("I don't have any working class friends") and that the PM job is all part of his career trajectory.
Like Handcock. He was/is a personality vacuum. He shouldve been sacked for the failure to produce fake tears episode alone.

Yet Ed Miliband was vilified for looking a bit strange whilst eating a bacon sandwich.

I still cant work out all these years later why they didnt just get him a cup of tea/coffee or a glass of water.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Like Handcock. He was/is a personality vacuum. He shouldve been sacked for the failure to produce fake tears episode alone.

Yet Ed Miliband was vilified for looking a bit strange whilst eating a bacon sandwich.

I still cant work out all these years later why they didnt just get him a cup of tea/coffee or a glass of water.
Ah, Ed Miliband, reminds me of my favourite all time tweet.

1707324708489.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not just the lack of empathy: he can't think on his feet either. He turned up today with pre-scripted answers and looked lost when Starmer departed from his expected attack. His transphobic response was appalling but anyone with real political instinct would have shied away. Cameron wouldn't have done it, Major wouldn't have done it, Hague wouldn't have done it, I don't even think May would have done, even Johnson would have thought better of it ... but Sunak blundered right in.

The leader debates before the election are going to be a bloodbath. Sunak has no debating skills whatsoever and he's going to be up against a KC whose entire professional life revolves around thinking on his feet. And he won't have the help of a compliant Speaker either but a hard-nosed journalist who'll want to see blood. The Tories must be dreading this.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It's not just the lack of empathy: he can't think on his feet either. He turned up today with pre-scripted answers and looked lost when Starmer departed from his expected attack. His transphobic response was appalling but anyone with real political instinct would have shied away. Cameron wouldn't have done it, Major wouldn't have done it, Hague wouldn't have done it, I don't even think May would have done, even Johnson would have thought better of it ... but Sunak blundered right in.

The leader debates before the election are going to be a bloodbath. Sunak has no debating skills whatsoever and he's going to be up against a KC whose entire professional life revolves around thinking on his feet. And he won't have the help of a compliant Speaker either but a hard-nosed journalist who'll want to see blood. The Tories must be dreading this.
Agree with most of this. Johnson would have waded in if he sensed political advantage, and I suspect Truss would too (not that she left too many clues while PM).
While not exactly looking forward to the leader debates (if they happen), I doubt KS will inspire too many through his thinking on his feet, nor will it cause voters to switch parties -- he's just not an engaging speaker (like Blair, Hague and Johnson was/is and, to a lesser extent, Cameron too). KS is, however, doing a pretty good job at presenting himself as a 'public servant' committed to service and carving a frontier on which sits the other side.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I doubt KS will inspire too many through his thinking on his feet, nor will it cause voters to switch parties -- he's just not an engaging speaker (like Blair, Hague and Johnson was/is and, to a lesser extent, Cameron too).
I'm not sure I'd agree with this. The leader debates do have an impact - look at the boost it gave Nick Clegg in 2010, there was an immediate leap in the LD showing and they scored the most seats for some time. Clegg wasn't a particularly engaging speaker, but he handled himself well in the debates. And we haven't seen a leader fall apart yet but, if anyone will, I think Sunak will.

I do agree with your line "if they happen", I can see the Tories pulling out of these because they know what a disaster they'll be for Sunak. And I'm not sure swapping leaders will help - unless they pick Mordaunt - the others all look pretty hopeless. Mordaunt isn't: she's a skilled debater but she's not a members' favourite, so has no chance.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
I'm not sure I'd agree with this. The leader debates do have an impact - look at the boost it gave Nick Clegg in 2010, there was an immediate leap in the LD showing and they scored the most seats for some time. Clegg wasn't a particularly engaging speaker, but he handled himself well in the debates. And we haven't seen a leader fall apart yet but, if anyone will, I think Sunak will.

I do agree with your line "if they happen", I can see the Tories pulling out of these because they know what a disaster they'll be for Sunak. And I'm not sure swapping leaders will help - unless they pick Mordaunt - the others all look pretty hopeless. Mordaunt isn't: she's a skilled debater but she's not a members' favourite, so has no chance.
Yeah and Brown was rubbish in those and looked dreadful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here