Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm very disappoint in Holly Valance's comments. As someone who has come to our country and done really well here, I can't see how she decide to throw her lot in with the tory right who are doing so much to close the door to outsiders

I'm of the view that any comments about her attractiveness or otherwise are irrelevant for the purposes of this discussion

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He doesn't like being questioned.

None of them do, such is the little right wing media echo-chamber they inhabit where they spend all their time agreeing with each other on how brilliant they all are (GB News, Telegraph, Mail, Spectator) they simply aren't used to being questioned about things in a way which isn't "Oh Jacob, how come you're so wonderful?"

Given this, they have no preparation or answer to how they're going to deal with this. This means their only real option is to panic and go down the Trump route of accusing the questioner of bias for daring to challenge them. This also explains why they complain about the BBC, they expect to get the same soft-balling from there and when they don't get it cry foul.

It also explains why, generally, non-Tory politicians (and I daresay I do include Tice and Farage in this, much as it pains me) are just better at dealing with cross-questioning and dealing with a more hostile interview. They get much, much more practice.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
And this was a scripted question.

A new low.

How is a new low even possible? I would have said it wasn't. But he found it.

Time to go Rishi

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
He's dropped a couple of absolute clangers this week hasn't he; the signs of someone cracking under pressure?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He's just not good is he. Very programmed with absolutely no touch.
He's just not a politician. Has no idea how to deflect or turn a situation to his advantage. That interview with Piers Moron was dreadful. A tiny bit of statesmanship could have made Moron look like the utter tool that he is but Sunak failed. Today was just appalling beyond measure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here