Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tories vote to reduce food standards

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In Tesco you can buy frozen 100% chicken breast for £4 a kilo. It's called Hamza.

:lol:

You are hardly going to convince anyone who cares about animal welfare to buy halal meat considering a significant % of animals are slaughtered without stunning, a process the RSPCA says causes unnecessary suffering.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
All right, I'll try again. Why are you waffling on about Christians in Walmart?

Seemed like a good enough place to pass on the knowledge considering you were telling [MENTION=12825]cunning fergus[/MENTION] about memorable places in the states.
walmart swamped with rude self righteous Christians full of the love of jesus, just after church on a sunday, being vulgar sneering snobs to people just trying to do their job...... is a sight.(but not a nice one)

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You carry on paying for your Wankerose organic corn feed by Elvin virgins chicken at £27 a kilo and I'll carry on paying £5 a kilo for high welfare chicken from my local butcher that can tell me the exact farm it came from :thumbsup: I am at least supporting chicken welfare and a local business.

Not sure you are supporting "Chickens welfare" by eating them !

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

:)

It was dull bluster and bluff last time you spouted that twaddle. You are the first to turn to abuse and childish insults in almost every thread.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Anyone else googling English speaking countries with a national health service?

This country is going to the dogs.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It was dull bluster and bluff last time you spouted that twaddle. You are the first to turn to abuse and childish insults in almost every thread.

A misconception. An understandable one. But a misconception nonetheless. Perhaps hard to have sympathy with your argument when you waded in and joined in insulting me and getting personal, when it had absolutely nothing to do with you.
However, I hold no grudges or ill will , you are obviously just one of those types who are easily lead. In many ways it’s not even your fault.

Would you look at me, going on and on. Let’s give these good folks some peace, eh! Have a nice day.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There won't be that many working class voters who flipped to Tory because of Brexit who think this Government is capable of delivering a good outcome.

They may still want to get out of this place, but have now sussed the bus driver is pissed and hasn't got a licence.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Because the legislation isn't going to mention "chicken" is it ?

What's now being negotiated is a "two tier" food standards system where a tariff is applied to imported food that doesn't meet UK standards. They've opened the door.

Two other things have happened.

1) Our Government has folded under pressure from the US.
2) The Government has lied.

Well, colour me surprised.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Without reading all of thread. I have always enjoyed eating chicken and steaks in USA. Also have several relatives living there who have never complained . May I ask is it animal welfare that is the issue or standard and health risks that is the concern. Is there evidence that food poisoning is a problem in USA compared to Europe.?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Really? The exact same bird? Same farm and everything or what? I know Canhams love a mark up but that seems extraordinary to me that a local butcher is selling fresh turkeys for 35 quid.

(More interested than anything else here)

Geese, not turkeys.

Won't be the exact same farm, obviously, but there's very little difference in quality. I cook the Christmas dinner and we have always got goose. We lived in a flat in the centre of Hove when we first moved back to the UK so used Canhams. We now live much closer to Hangleton. A friend recommended Wickies and I've not looked back. The first time we got a goose from there it was £25 but didn't include the giblets. I use the giblets to make a sauce and put the liver on toast as a mid morning Christmas snack so was a bit dissapointed. I mentioned it to the boys and have had giblets included every other time.

They are certainly not inferior in taste or size IMHO but I've never specifically checked that they are free range. I will do before this Christmas though the vast majoirty of geese are. As I've said in a couple of other replies on this thread they're happy to tell you the provenance of their meat.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The majority (just) voted leave. Even farmers and fishermen. And the country voted in this right wing Brexit government. It’s not my government and I am not surprised by anything anymore. I’m now chilled about no deal Brexit and (I believe) the huge fall out for all those who thought it would solve all their problems (or give us “independence” or stop immigration or whatever they thought) and they can reap what they sow

I'm afraid that's where I am. If you keep shouting loud and long enough, that this is what you want, then you really shouldn't be surprised if that is what you get :shrug:

28% voted for this and the other 72% couldn't stop it (either through lack of numbers or lack of interest). Good luck everyone, although I'm sure the winners will come out on top :lolol:

I can't agree, the game isn't over until the final whistle. We need to bring this government to account for its lies and its track record of handling COVID. Making wrong decisions is one thing covering up with lies is a completely different story and making comments like the nurses are using up PPE too quickly is despicable.

I have kids and grand children I am not prepared to let this go.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't agree, the game isn't over until the final whistle. We need to bring this government to account for its lies and its track record of handling COVID. Making wrong decisions is one thing covering up with lies is a completely different story and making comments like the nurses are using up PPE too quickly is despicable.

I was referring to their complete and utter incompetence and lies on Brexit. I agree completely that their complete and utter incompetence and lies on Covid has to be investigated and called to account.

Unfortunately, we're suffering two fold from the same people who believed that being 'winners' was far more important than electing a Government capable of Governing Britain through the next 5 years. It was blatantly obvious what a Johnson led Government would be like, but that doesn't excuse Johnson and his cronies in any shape or form from what they have done on Covid.

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Well, at least this exchange is on topic. And you're wrong. I use the same butcher as [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] . The meat is cheap but excellent quality and high welfare. It's why the shops in Hangleton and Essex are so popular.

Must be a hard read for JCFG to see me agreeing with a Brexiteer and correcting you
:lol:

Born into captivity and murdered before your time. High welfare indeed!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm afraid that's where I am. If you keep shouting loud and long enough, that this is what you want, then you really shouldn't be surprised if that is what you get :shrug:

28% voted for this and the other 72% couldn't stop it (either through lack of numbers or lack of interest). Good luck everyone, although I'm sure the winners will come out on top :lolol:

Indeed.

All my meat is free range, the cured meats contain no nitrites, veg is organic, no idea whait it costs, culdn't care less.

Those still celebrating their freedom to buy food where the preparation and ingredients are hidden are welcome to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCs0D6AJUuM

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You are going to have to cling on to it for another 4.5 years. We have hard Brexit to enjoy next. Just make sure you remember all this when we are basking in the sunshine of the sunny uplands. And don't forget that most dogs are simply grateful when their owner stops beating them. We will be up agains a mountain of gammon dogs, on their knees, still looking for where to put their free British X for Boris.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Without wanting to get too animal rights on you...oh f**k it, you are Palace after all...a battery hen sits in an enclosed cage with a floor the size of a paperback book cover and no room to move in any direction, with that in mind, can you imagine the lives of your cheap Asda chickens? As a dog owning animal lover I’m sure you struggle with that one.

If you’re going to go all animal rights on me, I’d have hoped you would have at least got your facts right.

Supermarkets don’t sell spent chickens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here