Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Top of the League

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bit of history created on the full time whistle in the City vs Newcastle game as we are top of the table overnight for the first time in our history. In fact we will be top for two nights.

We’ve come close before, I think an away draw against Palace cost us a couple of seasons ago (possibly the why’d you let it bounce game?)

Arsenal need to beat Palace by 6 goals (or strangely 5 if palace score, they’ll still have to score a minimum of 6 goals tho) to stop us being top at the end of the game week and lead until next Friday at least.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No point looking at the table til 10 games in…

What…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
IMG_3902.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Bit of history created on the full time whistle in the City vs Newcastle game as we are top of the table overnight for the first time in our history. In fact we will be top for two nights.

We’ve come close before, I think an away draw against Palace cost us a couple of seasons ago (possibly the why’d you let it bounce game?)

Arsenal need to beat Palace by 6 goals (or strangely 5 if palace score, they’ll still have to score a minimum of 6 goals tho) to stop us being top at the end of the game week and lead until next Friday at least.

Palace are on 3 points as well.
If they win by 6 goals they would go top.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I don’t think we managed three wins on the bounce in the league last season. That’s the sort of thing we’ll have to do if we want to push even higher up the table. West Ham up next. Law of averages says we can’t keep beating them. Can we?
:p

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Let’s enjoy the league table for now . I’m confident we can beat West Ham at home .
Im the opposite. This is lil old Brighton after all, and we don't win the first 3 league games and have maximum points.

I have a feeling we will be brought down to earth.

I hope I am wrong like I have been on many occasions.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Im the opposite. This is lil old Brighton after all, and we don't win the first 3 league games and have maximum points.

I have a feeling we will be brought down to earth.

I hope I am wrong like I have been on many occasions.
Unless West Ham spend the Declan Rice money wisely in the next week, they'll be a considerably weaker side than when we last met them

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not happy, we are only two places above TB’s most disliked owner, must do better

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don’t think we managed three wins on the bounce in the league last season. That’s the sort of thing we’ll have to do if we want to push even higher up the table. West Ham up next. Law of averages says we can’t keep beating them. Can we?
:p

What odds can you get on us winning 4-1 AGAIN?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Palace are on 3 points as well.
If they win by 6 goals they would go top.
Shhhhhhh!!!!! I was going with worse case scenario with Arsenal winning by 6. I didn’t want to include the nuclear option as I want people to enjoy the moment.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Let’s enjoy the league table for now . I’m confident we can beat West Ham at home .
You mean newly crowned European Champions (and former World Cup winners) West Ham? We’ll be lucky to keep a positive goal difference

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here