Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
They seem to be the ones quotes in various online articles.

Where you getting your viewing figures from?

They are the overall consolidated figures taking into account iplayer, delayed viewing etc. Actually I think ep 1 was 8.15m which is excellent. Again, I have no opinion either way of the quality of the programme but the lazy journalism drives me mad and its's the consolidated figures that the BBC will be interested in, not the virtually irrelevant overnight totals. What would be worrying them a little is that each episode is getting less viewers than the previous one but that's normal after the blaze of publicity of the first episode.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They are the overall consolidated figures taking into account iplayer, delayed viewing etc. Actually I think ep 1 was 8.15m which is excellent. Again, I have no opinion either way of the quality of the programme but the lazy journalism drives me mad and its's the consolidated figures that the BBC will be interested in, not the virtually irrelevant overnight totals. What would be worrying them a little is that each episode is getting less viewers than the previous one but that's normal after the blaze of publicity of the first episode.

It is losing audience share from week 1, however week 2 was a very warm sunny Sunday and week 3 the football was on.

Not sure if this made any difference to other programme's on at the same time?

I've not watch any of them live but on catch up.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just about to watch Episode 4 from catchup (first aired 19/6/16). Can't say I've particularly enjoyed the series so far. Matt Damon is ok.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Enjoyed last nights episode and clearly the revamp is evolving and starting to find its own identity.
The longer interviews with the guest stars gives Chris Evans scope to interview which he is good at
The challenge to Venice benefited from the lack of tired jokes of failing to stop and leaving a presenter behind when something goes wrong.
Also the Tesla electric car review was a good nid to new technology and took the focus away from speed for a change.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Programme not need Evans.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I'll watch the latest one tonight. I have found the current ones a bit hot and cold so have benefited from watching them on iPlayer as I have been able to turn them off and then pick up later.

It's funny as I don't love it as much as I used to love it with Clarkson, but I had fallen out of love with the old 3 presenters by the time they went so they have actually gained a viewer in me despite not liking Evans (if that makes any sense?)

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
Enjoyed last nights episode and clearly the revamp is evolving and starting to find its own identity.
The longer interviews with the guest stars gives Chris Evans scope to interview which he is good at
The challenge to Venice benefited from the lack of tired jokes of failing to stop and leaving a presenter behind when something goes wrong.
Also the Tesla electric car review was a good nid to new technology and took the focus away from speed for a change.

Why am I not surprised the BBC is pushing the Tesla Car Company again - maybe it has something to do with the £19m investment that the BBC pension fund has in the company!

D

Deleted member 22389

Can't stand the new Top Gear, because I'm constantly reminded how good the old ones where with Clarkson.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I'll watch the latest one tonight. I have found the current ones a bit hot and cold so have benefited from watching them on iPlayer as I have been able to turn them off and then pick up later.

It's funny as I don't love it as much as I used to love it with Clarkson, but I had fallen out of love with the old 3 presenters by the time they went so they have actually gained a viewer in me despite not liking Evans (if that makes any sense?)
None at all!!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Watched Ep 4 on catch up. My favourite one so far, due to less Evens and less Evens being shouty.

Aston Martin Vulcan - Good piece this one and nicely presented by Chris Harris, he really gave it the beans. Preferred him in this to his last weeks review of the Ferrari F12. Needs to work on his in studio chat with the main presenters though.

Tesla - Liking Rory Reid a lot, his reviews are very well put together really enjoyed his piece on the new Tesla and the drag race with the Dodge Challenger SRT, even Rory looked shocked when he blew it away off the line.

Star in a................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz The beauty of catch up, I can FF this mind numbing section.

Race to Venice. - Lacks the humour of the old three but enjoyable never the less. I would have definitely chose Eddie Jordans journey to any of the others.

Top Gear was coming to last chance saloon for me after the last 3 weeks but did enjoy this episode. Will look forward to next week now.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I prefer it.

I like watching the stuff about cars but arch BELLEND Clarkson and that simpering GIMP Hammond wound me up so much that I couldn't watch it. I'm no big fan of Evans but he's not as bad as those two and Matt (Damon) LeBlanc is OK too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here