Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

theroyal

May 11, 2014
It's alright, needs a bit of time to grow into its skin a bit and for people to stop wanting to dislike it because it's not C, H & M. Whether it will get the chance is another thing, if the ratings drop off is to be believed.

Evans just needs to stop the Clarkson impression and the show as a whole needs to tone down the scripted feel - the Star in a Car bit with the guests felt really rehearsed, almost like they had been told to act a little over the top. The pre-filmed bits were decent though. I think it will be okay in time.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Anyone watch Top Gear:Extra Gear? I think the two guys who do that are decent and are worth incorporating into the main show.

Chris Harris is very good, I've been sibscribed to his 'on cars' YouTube for a while now. The other guy is more annoying than Chris Evans. Who is he? Has a similar level of annoying as most BBC radio presenters do.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Really struggling with this series.

Evans R8 review: Just cant listen to him talking about cars, its just too annoying for me. Sabine spanking it around Laguna Seca was the only watchable piece of that segment.

Ferrari F12. Watchable but the guys delivery is far more 5th Gear than Top Gear for me. His in studio banter with LeBlanc was excruciating, he went all Chris Packham as well at the end of it.

Focus RS : Probably the best segment of this weeks show, though again it felt like a 5th gear style car review than the Top Gear style I've been used to with the former three. (Maybe this is something I'll just have to get used to.)

Star in a whatever. No idea, I just fast forwarded that bit as its the dullest part of the show, took ages to FF as well so looked like it dragged on a bit.

Ken Block burning around London. Become pretty boring after the first 5 minutes novelty wore off. Pointless segment really for me. Bit like when May used to race a skateboarder around in a Renault or something, who cares.

Final thoughts. Evans still needs binning. LeBlanc still looks bored. the in studio 'banter' is excruciating.

The Stig. The 'Some say' line should have been binned with 'and on that bombshell ' as it was a Clarkson thing. Also where is the Stig? He hardly gets a look in now.

I also miss The News

Roll on next week.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I thought it was an ok show last night. Liked the star in car...........thought the boxer and comic were funny and drove like fury! Yup it was ok but then again I thought Clarkson and Co were well passed their sell by date and should have retired to "have I got news for you" style programmes years ago.

D

Deleted member 2719

The version with the talented Chris Evans stands out head and shoulders above the moody bully boy Clarkson.

I knew it would be but some of your Clarkson thugs will never admit it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The version with the talented Chris Evans stands out head and shoulders above the moody bully boy Clarkson.

Agreed MR, It had become The Jeremy Clarkson Show and had run out of ideas years ago. Funny at first tedious in the end and very little about cars.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Enjoyed last nights episodes. As mentioned the 2 new guys were good...

I enjoyed the caning it around London bit...

It has super cars and a nice "normal" hatch back review...

I think the new version... Hammond annoyed me

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lost another half million viewers on the previous week, lowest audience since Clarkson revived the show back in 2002.

Report in the Telegraph saying we are going to have less Chris Evans now and more Rory Reid and Chris Harris.

A good move.

A total revamp of the format wouldn't go amiss either.

Lets be honest, its a lose /lose situation at the moment for Top Gear. If you liked C,H,M trio then this is a pale imitation of what they did.

If you didn't like C,H,M then this is just more of the same but different presenters.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Unfortunately the viewing public aren't agreeing with you.

What the f*ck is a Clarkson thug? ??? :shrug: :lolol:

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Lost another half million viewers on the previous week, lowest audience since Clarkson revived the show back in 2002.

Report in the Telegraph saying we are going to have less Chris Evans now and more Rory Reid and Chris Harris.

A good move.

A total revamp of the format wouldn't go amiss either.

Lets be honest, its a lose /lose situation at the moment for Top Gear. If you liked C,H,M trio then this is a pale imitation of what they did.

If you didn't like C,H,M then this is just more of the same but different presenters.

Not having a go but it really annoys me when newspapers STILL compare ratings from 2002 or whenever to now. It's just a completely different tv watching landscape. The only way you can measure ratings nowadays is to take a week or a months total combined ratings. I have no interest in Top Gear other than being amused by fans of the original going ape over the loss of Clarkson but as far as I can tell ratings are very healthy for the new series. But its almost as though the media is being deliberately thick every time they report ratings the day after transmission and then compare to previous years.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not having a go but it really annoys me when newspapers STILL compare ratings from 2002 or whenever to now. It's just a completely different tv watching landscape. The only way you can measure ratings nowadays is to take a week or a months total combined ratings. I have no interest in Top Gear other than being amused by fans of the original going ape over the loss of Clarkson but as far as I can tell ratings are very healthy for the new series. But its almost as though the media is being deliberately thick every time they report ratings the day after transmission and then compare to previous years.

Are they healthy ratings?

Week 1, 4.4 mill

Week 2 , 2.8 mill

Week 3, 2.3 mill

Sent from my Nokia 3110

D

Deleted member 2719

Unfortunately the viewing public aren't agreeing with you.

What the f*ck is a Clarkson thug? ??? :shrug: :lolol:

A Clarkson thug is usually between 25 -35, gets in the wrong lanes at roundabout so as to cut in and jump the queue while saying to himself 'hey look at me I am just like jezzer'. Usually a middle management creature with a corporate company, they probably think they can drift a car too.

Basically they have extremely small cocks and Big heads.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here