Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toon army

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well I was having a great laff with 4 Newcastle supporters on the bus on the way up to the ground. Couldn't have met a nicer bunch tbh - & also chatted to a few on my way home too (who were equally decent). I guess it just goes to show that there's good & bad supporters whoever the team is.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Thats un-real and you deserve a lot of credit for that,sometimes when you travel so far and play average its no surprise fans can't muster up some energy for singing:)

These fans have forked out a fortune and you get people on here slating them UNREAL:annoyed:

When you've managed to get your head out of their collective arses you'll realise how stupid that all sounds. No surprise they can't summon up the energy to sing? Seriously, what? I take as I find, and I found yesterday as I did in the 80's that the majority of the Toon Army I've come into contact with are ignorant, vile twats. Of course they have some wonderful supporters, as do all clubs, but the hype is ridiculous.

fozzie's paper boy

Aug 20, 2011
Hove
Chatted to a couple of Geordies on the bus on the way in, they'd flown down for the match, and were top blokes (one possessed the loudest whistle I've heard, which he proudly demonstrated to my 6 year old when we got to the ground - if you were anywhere near the away end you'd have heard him throughout the game). In the ground beforehand there was lots of chants and songs from the away concourse, and I thought they were going to really give the Leeds fans a run for their money as best away support, but once the game got underway was really surprised how little we heard from them.

I think a lot of that is down to our home support - firstly we're getting better and better at making a noise ourselves an drowning out the opposition - since the Burnley game there's been a real uplift in the chants and songs (bizarrely I think that could become one of the most important games we played this season), and with a Cup game all the seats were full, rather than the usual smattering of empty ones. Brilliant support for the team, lets keep it up.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Thought this thread from last season was worth a bump. More of the same from the Newcastle fans, not sure where this myth about their loud and passionate supporters comes from but it's clearly a load of old bollocks.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thought this thread from last season was worth a bump. More of the same from the Newcastle fans, not sure where this myth about their loud and passionate supporters comes from but it's clearly a load of old bollocks.
1066 got banned the other day for bumping old threads :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here