Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Pulis

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Will Palace stay up Tony?

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1C16BC104D1061825940319014912_ 12199c178f9.4.8.25321897356635 13530.mp4?versionId=Bp7JG5F01I OSOkT6XhIauLScopADIPes[/video]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
can we please laugh about this, rather than worrying about what might or hasn't happened at Brighton?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will Palace stay up Tony?

[video]https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/1C16BC104D1061825940319014912_ 12199c178f9.4.8.25321897356635 13530.mp4?versionId=Bp7JG5F01I OSOkT6XhIauLScopADIPes[/video]

That makes him seem quite evil.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Obviously its gutting news but if we're trying to be financially sensible for once in our history and Pulis was throwing his toys out of the pram because we weren't spending £50k per week in wages for a single player then so be it. Obviously makes our chances of survival in the premiership go down but if we get a decent manager like Malky MacKay and get one or two good signings in before the end of the window (like Zaha, Cork and Wickham all still rumoured) then we could still have a decent shot yet. Yes its disappointing but a sneaky 1-0 on Saturday and all will be forgotten about :D

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Obviously its gutting news but if we're trying to be financially sensible for once in our history and Pulis was throwing his toys out of the pram because we weren't spending £50k per week in wages for a single player then so be it. Obviously makes our chances of survival in the premiership go down but if we get a decent manager like Malky MacKay and get one or two good signings in before the end of the window (like Zaha, Cork and Wickham all still rumoured) then we could still have a decent shot yet. Yes its disappointing but a sneaky 1-0 on Saturday and all will be forgotten about :D
Going down so watch this space :lolol:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Going down so watch this space :lolol:

Maybe we will but if we do at least we'll be doing so in a financially secure position (for once). As it is then I believe that your club isn't the happiest of places at the moment either with players disappearing by the boatload, missing out on transfers (just like we have) and with a manager who some have been questioning whether he will be there for long himself. Personally, the rivalry aside I have a lot of respect for Brighton but it may be best to curb the gloating until your own house is firmly in order just like we have been forced to curb ours until we are sorted.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Maybe we will but if we do at least we'll be doing so in a financially secure position (for once). As it is then I believe that your club isn't the happiest of places at the moment either with players disappearing by the boatload, missing out on transfers (just like we have) and with a manager who some have been questioning whether he will be there for long himself. Personally, the rivalry aside I have a lot of respect for Brighton but it may be best to curb the gloating until your own house is firmly in order just like we have been forced to curb ours until we are sorted.
Very True COYP. Respect where respect is due.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Betting with Palace fans with proceeds going to REMF, not got the greatest history has it? I'll pass thanks.

Correct me if I'm wrong but was there not a Brighton fan who did exactly the same at the end of last season?
It's why if I was ever gonna to offer a bet it would be one on one and I would offer to give the money straight to Bozza to hold onto until the resolution of the bet.

On that basis I am happy to offer £10 to any (one) person on the NSC that even after this setback we will still stay up this season. If any Brighton fan is up for this then Bozza please pm me your paypal details and I'll send over the tenner immediately (on the understanding that any Brighton fan taking me up on this does the same and then at the end of the season if we go up this money goes to Scarlett's Wish to Walk and if we don't the money goes to REMF.

Just to clarify again the amount would be £10 and would only be open to being wagered against one Brighton fan with Bozza taking the cash straight away.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hard to argue with any of that, fair play to you.

And this will win me absolutely NO friends on here, but I sneakily hope you stay up and do well. It will be great to see a small club proving that you can survive in the Prem on limited means with financial heads held high. As you say if you do come down you'll then be better placed than say Blackpool who spent a fortune in vain attempt to stay in the Prem and are now paying the price.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Please let Billy Davies get the job, 2 of the things I most hate in football together, think of the unadulterated joy when they are relegated

I really could not think of a more suitable and appropriate combination than Palace-Davies. Hats off to you Sir, let's just hope he is in the running. Davies would certainly get Palace to where they deserve to be.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Damn. Palace losing their manager just a couple of days before the start of the season is usually something I would find great joy in. However I find that even this news has failed to lift my spirits from the doldrums they are currently in due to the shambolic nature of the Albion's summer and the general malaise around the club at the moment. Whilst this is undoubtably bad news for them and lets face it he did a great job for them last season, they a still in a far better position than we are.

SDG

May 26, 2014
Not like us to ruin ourselves in the good times is it?!

Ah well!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Is it official yet? We all know that "sky sources understand that....." may not be the end of it :lol:

If he has gone and it's about the owner sticking to his guns regarding budget then our 2 clubs may well have more in common than we give each other credit for. In these days of stupid money in football it makes a change to take that option rather than spend spend spend.

I now feel violated and dirty for comparing us to them :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here