Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony bloom

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Penny for his thoughts tonight

He'll have seen this coming long ago. He will be prepared for it and he will have been scouting potential new managers throughout the whole tenure of GP.

Yes, he'll be pis*sed off - of course, but he's got a long term vision for the club - and this will include managers being poached, as well as our best players.

As has been said many times, and something I believe in 100%, trust Uncle Tony. He runs the show, he's a ludicrously sharp and intelligent man, and although we may have some bumps in the road - the plan will succeed. :thumbsup:

This essence of this club is the Supporters, and Tony Bloom. Everything else is transient.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
He'll have seen this coming long ago. He will be prepared for it and he will have been scouting potential new managers throughout the whole tenure of GP.

Yes, he'll be pis*sed off - of course, but he's got a long term vision for the club - and this will include managers being poached, as well as our best players.

As has been said many times, and something I believe in 100%, trust Uncle Tony. He runs the show, he's a ludicrously sharp and intelligent man, and although we may have some bumps in the road - the plan will succeed. [emoji106]

This essence of this club is the Supporters, and Tony Bloom. Everything else is transient.
Quite right. This is ****ing annoying, when everything looked like it was clicking. But we are in a good position and we crack on.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Time for Tony to earn his salt.

Indeed the man who has put £400m of his own money into the club.

If you are a fan, which I doubt it just **** off

Dec 29, 2011

As has been said many times, and something I believe in 100%, trust Uncle Tony. He runs the show, he's a ludicrously sharp and intelligent man, and although we may have some bumps in the road - the plan will succeed. :thumbsup:

Tony Bloom is the comfort in a stormy night. He's smarter than ever other chairman, and will never leave us. He is our club personified.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Indeed the man who has put £400m of his own money into the club.

If you are a fan, which I doubt it just **** off

Agreed, unbelievable isn’t it

Thursdat drinking going well, I see.

As explained on page one, it was a joke. A reference to the common exclamation on matchday threads of yore that Hughton needed to earn his salt when the result was in the balance. Surprised it seems to have gone over the heads of regular posters but, obviously, no one is doubting Bloom's contribution to the club.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The incredibly difficult job now is to soften the Potter Cult by recruiting a stronger, er, cult figure. Emma Hayes?
Hope not. Her accent drives me up the wall - which isn't what it should be about, but no getting away from it for me.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Is this why we didn`t get our striker in the window ? Potter knew the player would be coming to the club expecting to play under him ! . Hence he made no effort to bring one in .

Or the other way round? This wasnt all decided in a day! Tony got wind of Potter being tapped up and so he wasn't going to give him the transfer kitty to spend and he'll give it to the new manager in January

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Instant rejection of any bids from Chelsea while he’s there. Because they will come. For Caicedo. For Sanchez. For Trossard. Maybe more.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It's hard to think of anything worse than losing our entire coaching team.

BUT, just imagine if a ludicrously high $$$ bid came in for Tony to sell the club [I know he wouldn't sell] but just imagine an American / Russian / Chinese / Arab / Thai owner that could match the buying power of the "top six" [and Newcastle] that would provide a path for us to become part of the top six (7)

Been a bad day, what with HM and the Potter crew departures, but it could always be worse ....

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Or the other way round? This wasnt all decided in a day! Tony got wind of Potter being tapped up and so he wasn't going to give him the transfer kitty to spend and he'll give it to the new manager in January

I like that thought better...Cheers:drink:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Trying not to laught to much on this shit day all round........ but my Albion chum only a few weeks ago proudly showed off his first tattoo to the lads in the pub.
An Albion themed tattoo with rather a large centre piece image of Bruno.

Going by his zero responses to ribbing on whattsapp today we have decided he is at the "not a happy camper" stage of peeved off.

Is that improved state sustainable or a temporary accelerated improvement due to Potters personal influence on those he worked with? Guess we will find out if the new manager is able to build on our recent achievement and maintain our upward trajectory rather than returning to a season ambition of reaching 40 points.

I look at the squad we have now compared to the one we had in 2017/8 and I'm convinced today's would beat that team 7 or 8 times out of 10 with a competent manager

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I tend to agree also. This all went down too quickly and smoothly to just happen over a 24 hour period…

Maybe significant that Tuchel got sacked as the new Chelsea owners were approaching 100 days in charge. Seems like they wanted to make a grand statement of change in direction for the club. That would have taken a fair bit of groundwork to arrange

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here