Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony bloom

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Instant rejection of any bids from Chelsea while he’s there. Because they will come. For Caicedo. For Sanchez. For Trossard. Maybe more.

Rich Champions League clubs will always want to buy our best players. When that happens just rinse them for as much money as we can. Its part of our sustainability model to attract young talented players, sell and replace them, and keep the club in the Premier League.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Instant rejection of any bids from Chelsea while he’s there. Because they will come. For Caicedo. For Sanchez. For Trossard. Maybe more.

Nothing indicates that will be the case. Not how managers and clubs usually act, not how GP has previously acted, not how Brighton acts.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Not disputing any of that. I was replying to a post saying anyone would jump at chance to double or triple your salary. Yes if you were on £20k a year at Asda, but my point was that money (should) be less of a motivation to move for someone who is already filthy rich

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thank you.

There is a world of difference between someone on 20K a year moving to take a job for 100K a year than someone on 2m a year taking a job for 10m a year. On 2m a year you are set up for life anyway. Wanting 10m a year is nothing but greed.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
Thank you.

There is a world of difference between someone on 20K a year moving to take a job for 100K a year than someone on 2m a year taking a job for 10m a year. On 2m a year you are set up for life anyway. Wanting 10m a year is nothing but greed.

It’s all a matter of scale. In the first example you can afford the kitchen extension and home office in the garden.

In the second example you can fully restore the West wing and rebuild the stables.

boik

Thank you.

Its pretty much the going rate. If GP wanted the challenge of building a title/CL winning team the it's what he was going to get. Bit weird if he said I'll take the job, but only if you halve my salary.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Bloom won't be petty. He and the club have been very classy about this whole business. I notice that Sussex Live collated all of the messages from the players to the training staff: https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/...ighton-caicedo-lamptey-chelsea-potter-7566367

I must have missed all of the public messages back in the other direction. There was a line in Chelsea's press conference, but I would have thought that we'd have warranted a personal 'so long and thanks for all the fish,' if not from all of them, at least from the bloke who said 'Once a seagull...'

Grr.... I'd be petty. Oh, I'd be so petty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's not going to get any easier for Tony Bloom at this level. He's trying to run the club at what he considers a realistic level. Unfortunately that level is Pound Shop in EPL terms. While that remains the case, we'll always be vulnerable to cherry-picking raids by 'big' clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here