Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom looks a broken man

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Maybe Tony is out of cash and the 10 miilion he lost this season was his last roll of the dice ? ??? ???

Possibly, but there is zero evidence in the public domain to back up this theory of yours.

Do you have anything to support your theory?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But what is different about previous parachute payments is that previously they went to pay the enormous wages of players that were bought to try and stay in the prem - the latest batch or relegated clubs are a bit better placed to have that covered and the massive sums they get now make relegation softer to bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no difference between the parachute payments in 2015 and 2016.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Inspiration to bounce back and improve. Keeps this squad, add to it, and we've got a good chance of being promoted next season.

definitely a :thumbsup: wilson can go back he's just TOO lightweight.....we need a more robust goal scorer ....as we have been saying all along , i was proud of the boys tonight , they had a real go and unfortunately had the wind taken out of our sails by east missing a blatant push on Dunk .......but i do think DS should have had it covered tbh.......

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Sounds like Tony looks like I feel. A point though....... You don't go to away games with your wife, on the train with the rest of your Clubs supporters to some Northern hell hole if it's the money that worries you.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
If TB wants us to get to the Prem then he needs to stand firm and refuse ANY offers for our best players who are under contract. It will only cost us more money to try to replace them and money can't buy the team spirit this squad have.

But wouldn't that team spirit negate if you made someone stay when they didn't want to, Bridcutt?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Deep breath and look at how we can improve slightly on this season keep building our scouting and Accadamy try and keep the players who want to try again also try and replicate the atmosphere from last night. I am one of the older fans who wants success but I want sustainable success. Maybe TB Plan might stretch to a sixth season. Yes I was disappointed not to win last night but I was proud of the attitude of the team and the majority of the fans. Keep the faith. Now I am waiting for next seasons fixtures let's hope we get a home game to finish.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We can look forward to next season, but Tony really needs to see off any bids for Knockaert and Kayal as a minimum. And Goldson.

Stephens may go, Dunk possibly most likely to go.

Sell no more than 1 player please Tony this summer - we have a fantastic squad to 'strengthen from a position of strength.'

The worst thing now would be to sell the 4 or 5 best players and have to have a total rebuild.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
As others have said, the four main jobs this summer are;

sorting out what to do with those out of contract (Bruno, greer, calde mainly)

Sorting out the longer contract dead wood (ogrady plus who from Ince, crofts, jfc etc)

Getting extensions for key people with contracts expiring in 2017 (Stephens, kayal and Stockdale so they don't go past Xmas and be able to sort Bosmans)

Sign two strikers, one midfield and one defender as a minimum (plus replace any of the others we don't sort out in the first 3 tasks)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can understand, up till the Derby game it looked on.

Yup, we had two bites at the £170m cherry and fell just short, due to a combination of rank bad luck and rotten refereeing. No disgrace in that, though It's hard to take. Need to keep the nucleus of the side together, make a couple of tweaks and we'll not need to rely on the cruel lottery of the play-offs next time round.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
Yup, we had two bites at the £170m cherry and fell just short, due to a combination of rank bad luck and rotten refereeing. No disgrace in that, though It's hard to take. Need to keep the nucleus of the side together, make a couple of tweaks and we'll not need to rely on the lottery of the play-offs next time round.

I think next season's Championship will be the strongest ever. Norwich have done it twice before, and Newcattle look likely to be able to convince whatshisface to stay on and lead them straight back up with the same team.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think next season's Championship will be the strongest ever. Norwich have done it twice before, and Newcattle look likely to be able to convince whatshisface to stay on and lead them straight back up with the same team.

A lot of players jump ship when their club gets relegated from the Prem tho eh. It's far from clear cut.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Yup, we had two bites at the £170m cherry and fell just short, due to a combination of rank bad luck and rotten refereeing. It's hard to take. Need to keep the nucleus of the side together, make a couple of tweaks and we'll not need to rely on the lottery of the play-offs next time round.

We've had some extremely bad luck but it's not all about the refereeing. It's ultimately about the losing Christmas run; about us not being a bit more adventurous on occasions to kill teams off and about not taking our chances. That's what's got to be addressed now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here