Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom looks a broken man

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But has worked very well for Leicester and Wednesday.... not all foreign owners are idiots

Agreed, but Wednesday did have a manipulative foreign chairman previously and the connections of the current one aren't angels.

Hats off to Leicester, but dig deep into their accounts and things are quite murky.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed, but Wednesday did have a manipulative foreign chairman previously and the connections of the current one aren't angels.

Hats off to Leicester, but dig deep into their accounts and things are quite murky.

LCFC - a brilliant achiveement this year, one of the greatest in footballing history.

But for the last two season's they were trying to get of the Championship, they were collosal over spenders, ''cheating' their way to the PL with a star studded squad.

Charlie's web

Apr 23, 2016
I'm gutted, we are all gutted, this season has taken us on a journey that nobody could foresee. It has pushed every last ounce in our belief. We finished 20th last season! We stay TOGETHER can you imagine our squad now, fully fit! And with a serious attitude gained from the injustice of these last 2 weeks! This is 1978 all over again and 1979 turned out just fine. Ta

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I suspect he will have to break the FFP rules now to go up next season
The rules need changing. They're supposed to stop relegated teams going bankrupt, but they allow teams like Burnley to spend millions on a striker like Gray. And the teams that do break the rules (Leicester, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough) are laughing all the way to the bank.

Next season could be ridiculous.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The rules need changing. They're supposed to stop relegated teams going bankrupt, but they allow teams like Burnley to spend millions on a striker like Gray. And the teams that do break the rules (Leicester, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough) are laughing all the way to the bank.

The rules need abolishing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
fair point. still a nice pay day at womberly though

But even more painful if you fail that day though. Looking as Derby and other forums lately, fans of clubs that lost the Championship play off final, spoke of the heartbreak of the day and having to sit in the awful traffic jams afterwards as victorious fans celebrated at the same time.

Come on Hull, a far better footballing team than Weds.

OptimisticSeagull76

May 14, 2016

I'm pretty sure Burnley have spent pretty much what they made on transfers so fair play to them, FFP doesn't come in to it. Boro on the other hand are a different story.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... they were collosal over spenders, ''cheating' their way to the PL with a star studded squad.

they may have overspent but i'd hardly say there were any stars.

HoveSaint

Nov 19, 2011
The rules need abolishing.

or just set a firm limit on transfer budgets and wages. At the moment, if I am correct, the amount a club can spend is some ratio of their income. Which makes it MASSIVELY tilted in favour of clubs with large grounds and good marketing teams. Just make it a firm ££ limit on spending.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I fear that this was THE chance.. those money bags clubs plus the others with big bucks incomes will give us much more to do... that and the fact that Kayal and Knockeart will attract bids from Prem clubs.. plus maybe Hemed... plus some random club will chase Dunk.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here