Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom is totally deluded!

Jan 30, 2008
These are marketing terms. 'PLR' is patently Barber's phrase, and has nothing whatsoever to do with what's going on on the pitch; instead, it's got everything to do with how the club is organised off the pitch. That's what his job is and, as far as I'm concerned, he's doing it brilliantly. Many might not like it, nor his background, but really what's he got wrong?
'One Ambition' is related to what we do on the pitch. Once again, it's a marketing platitude, but really what's wrong with wanting to get into the PL?
Clackers, theme games ,price hikes ,grass a fan hot line to name a few
regards
DR

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It really is very easy to be unpleasant.
regards

Come on Machiavelli, have you EVER known people like Das Fairy and EnRest (plus others) to say ANYTHING complimentary about the Albion? Let's face it, they are DESPERATE for the club to fail. They miss the Good Ol Days.

Jan 30, 2008
Come on Machiavelli, have you EVER known people like Das Fairy and EnRest (plus others) to say ANYTHING complimentary about the Albion? Let's face it, they are DESPERATE for the club to fail. They miss the Good Ol Days.
Some may argue that the club are alreay failing, what do you reckon???
regards
DR

As we Palace fans know it takes at least 10 years to get to the prem Well it seems we make an appearance even if briefly every 10 years :(
You've been in the championship for what 3-4 years? When all said and done you've come a long way considering the concrete of the Amex stadium is barely dry! Obviously the expectations amongst the fans are sky high, TB must be forever highly regarded by the Brighton faithful
Be patient my seaweed friends you'll get there soon.
Hopefully not too soon though :ffsparr:

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Á
As we Palace fans know it takes at least 10 years to get to the prem Well it seems we make an appearance even if briefly every 10 years :(
You've been in the championship for what 3-4 years? When all said and done you've come a long way considering the concrete of the Amex stadium is barely dry! Obviously the expectations amongst the fans are sky high, TB must be forever highly regarded by the Brighton faithful

Hate to agree with you but you're right

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

The 'problem' is that expectations are sky high, off the field we have become Premiership ready (whatever that means) in the space of 2 or 3 years. On the pitch we are not.....now. The second season at the Amex when we had Bridge and signed Ulloa we were VERY close. Fans got carried away a bit. The club failed to invest in that squad and made a DISASTROUS selection in Garcia when a proven Championship manager could have made all the difference, since then we seem to be on a steady downward spiral on the playing side, on and off the pitch, whilst the infrastructure continues to get better and better.
The club are charging Premiership prices now too whilst signing league one players.
I don't think Tony is deluded but he is starting to play a dangerous game as he's starting to treat the fans like mugs IMO.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
The 'problem' is that expectations are sky high, off the field we have become Premiership ready (whatever that means) in the space of 2 or 3 years. On the pitch we are not.....now. The second season at the Amex when we had Bridge and signed Ulloa we were VERY close. Fans got carried away a bit. The club failed to invest in that squad and made a DISASTROUS selection in Garcia when a proven Championship manager could have made all the difference, since then we seem to be on a steady downward spiral on the playing side, on and off the pitch, whilst the infrastructure continues to get better and better.
The club are charging Premiership prices now too whilst signing league one players.
I don't think Tony is deluded but he is starting to play a dangerous game as he's starting to treat the fans like mugs IMO.
As I recall we just escaped relegation with Garcia as manager didn't we.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As I recall we just escaped relegation with Garcia as manager didn't we.

True, we are so lucky to have replaced the disaster that was OG with SH and I am in awe of the amazing new players in this year's squad. I feel humbled.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wasn't hindsight at all. It was just giving the 'Wait until September to judge' mantra the benefit of the doubt.
I feel it was. Many were criticising the club while the transfer window was still open, and the club said 'judge us when the window closes'. We did, and the consensus was that the club had recruited well. Now that were doing badly, we're judging with hindsight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I feel it was. Many were criticising the club while the transfer window was still open, and the club said 'judge us when the window closes'. We did, and the consensus was that the club had recruited well. Now that were doing badly, we're judging with hindsight.

When people talk about 'consensus' on here, it usually seems to mean the perceived majority of people the poster thinks agree with him/her. I can only speak for myself; it wasn't hindsight, just an all too short period of wondering if those who were jumping up and down in their delight at DB's brilliance in the transfer window might just possibly have a point.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tony is a very intelligent man, an astute and ruthless businessman. I believe this is PR, nothing more, and the axe will correctly fall on Sami's clueless head unless, of course, there is a dramatic and swift upturn in on-the-pitch fortunes.

Oh, and P45 for the failing Burke too.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Tony is a very intelligent man, an astute and ruthless businessman. I believe this is PR, nothing more, and the axe will correctly fall on Sami's clueless head unless, of course, there is a dramatic and swift upturn in on-the-pitch fortunes.

Oh, and P45 for the failing Burke too.

Bloom won't even put his hand in his pocket to pay players decent wages (the very reason we are League One ready) so what makes you think he'll sack Hyypia having to then pay him off?

Nope, we're stuck with him until:

a) his contract expires

or

b) he's found to be in breach of contract where he can then be suspended pending an investigation.

One club, one ambition...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Bloom won't even put his hand in his pocket to pay players decent wages (the very reason we are League One ready) so what makes you think he'll sack Hyypia having to then pay him off?

Nope, we're stuck with him until:

a) his contract expires

or

b) he's found to be in breach of contract where he can then be suspended pending an investigation.

One club, one ambition...

Possibly one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen. Tony Bloom has invested somewhere between £150 million and £200 million in this club. I assume you've invested the equivalent percentage of your money to be making statements like this!

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Possibly one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen. Tony Bloom has invested somewhere between £150 million and £200 million in this club. I assume you've invested the equivalent percentage of your money to be making statements like this!

[emoji476][emoji476][emoji476]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here