Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed on his way?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
OK, it's just a different opinion to you. It would be a boring world (and NSC) if we all agreed :)
Very true, but come on only £3m, for a goal scoring striker with plenty left on his contract.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Very true, but come on only £3m, for a goal scoring striker with plenty left on his contract.

I would obviously like more but I wouldn't be gutted if he left for £3m as I think we have proven a couple of times in the past that you can get good strikers from abroad for less than that. It would however depend on whether we had a replacement identified with a realistic chance of signing.

I don't have anything in particular against Hemed, he has just never wowed me and despite often playing well he has too many games where he just doesn't threaten. Saying that he is still easily the best striker than we own outright which still worries me for the season ahead

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
If we got £3m or more for him I would sell personally. Scored a decent number of goals this season but a fair few were from penalties. Never looks that convincing when presented with an opportunity and struggles to open up teams and really dominate a defence for a big man. Guess it would depend on whether we can get anyone better for the same/less money as a replacement
Signed for a few between £1.5mil to £2mil and you'd sell him for £3mil after a good first season with us? If he was to go the club would not sell for anything less than 4x what they paid for the player.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
The sub plot is the Argus article stating we could break our club transfer record this summer.
If this is to be spent on a forward then a sale on one of the current crop would supplement such a deal.

Middlesbrough are in negotiation with Nelgrado from Spain (formerly Man City).
Jordan Rhodes knows he is not wanted by the manager who wanted McCormack.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
The sub plot is the Argus article stating we could break our club transfer record this summer.
If this is to be spent on a forward then a sale on one of the current crop would supplement such a deal.

I like your thinking

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Yea because he's really going to take a 50% paycut and drop down a division. :shrug:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014

Not a bad theory, but big spanner in the works is that Rhodes is supposedly on over 40K a week. Signing him would smash the clubs wage structure open.

If Boro were going to lose a striker would expect it to be Nugent.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I did think it slightly strange that he seemed to return to Tel Aviv from Tenerife and not come back here.

Good stirring chief. The entire squad have been given time off and have posted various photos in places other than Brighton. On this basis are we also to ascertain that Kayal is re-signing for Celtic (maybe not after tonight...) and Rosenior for a London based team?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Cantor has retweeted something from Raphael Gellar (BBC world football correspondent) stating he is 99.9% certain Tomer is going no where...no doubt some will now be hanging on that .01% and crying in there cornflakes..but I'm taking it he is going no where....feck least we have players people want to buy!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would obviously like more but I wouldn't be gutted if he left for £3m as I think we have proven a couple of times in the past that you can get good strikers from abroad for less than that. It would however depend on whether we had a replacement identified with a realistic chance of signing.

I don't have anything in particular against Hemed, he has just never wowed me and despite often playing well he has too many games where he just doesn't threaten. Saying that he is still easily the best striker than we own outright which still worries me for the season ahead

I don't get some supporters. Most clubs are after 17 goal strikers and yet you are happy to sell a player who had never played in England before this season and scored 17 goals in his first season for £3 million. Hemed may not have wowed you but he was one of the top Championship scorers last season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't get some supporters. Most clubs are after 17 goal strikers and yet you are happy to sell a player who had never played in England before this season and scored 17 goals in his first season for £3 million. Hemed may not have wowed you but he was one of the top Championship scorers last season.
How many Championship and even lower Premier league teams would miraculously find a spare £3m, should the Albion decide that was Tomer's market value.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many Championship and even lower Premier league teams would miraculously find a spare £3m, should the Albion decide that was Tomer's market value.
And it would cost 6-8 million to replace a 17 goal per season striker.

No chance Tony would take a 5 million net loss on him by selling for 3 million.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its not his value and they won't.
Yes that's what we're all trying to tell sjames, who seems to think there are deals like Tomer's littered around the continent.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I would think we wouldn't even consider it for less than £7m in this market. 17 goals in his 1st season in English football, played a number of games towards the end when dead on his feet too, which won't have helped his goals ratio. With a better and more consistent strike partner I would expect him to score 20+ this season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here