Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed on his way?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't get some supporters. Most clubs are after 17 goal strikers and yet you are happy to sell a player who had never played in England before this season and scored 17 goals in his first season for £3 million. Hemed may not have wowed you but he was one of the top Championship scorers last season.

Are your surprised? For some reason our supporters have never appreciated strikers

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry, but I don't rate him as a top striker, certainly not the man to fire us to the PL. I hope to be proven wrong in the forthcoming season though (feel free to bounce this). That being said, he's probably worth more than £3m in the current market.

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
If he plays every game or near enough every game I've no doubt at all that he will score 20+. When the support was there last season he was banging goals in. He went through a real proper lean patch during December and January when we were in the midst of an injury crisis. As I've said before here, he is a striker that will score when provided with chances but not a player that will regularly win his team games on his own.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Hemed gave me two of my favourite memories of last season: Fulham away and Charlton at home.

He's a quality striker and, as others have pointed out, with Skalak / Knockaert / March / Murray all there to back him up I honestly think he'll net 20+ this season.

Don't forget Lua Lua, Murphy and Baldock - plus no doubt a new quality second striker as well! It should be another exciting season coming up!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Hemed gave me two of my favourite memories of last season: Fulham away and Charlton at home.

He's a quality striker and, as others have pointed out, with Skalak / Knockaert / March / Murray all there to back him up I honestly think he'll net 20+ this season.

25 and if 10 are penalties I will still count them!

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
900,000 Euros NET would equate to about £750k NET here or about £1.4M a year or £27k a week gross. No inside information at all but I reckon that's about the upper limit at Brighton.

9jorjq.jpg

Is that an extract from your own payslip?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely this one not going to happen!?

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Are your surprised? For some reason our supporters have never appreciated strikers

Surely that should read any of our players until they move away then the same fans call for their return and claim we should never have got rid of the in the first place.

Sorry, but I don't rate him as a top striker, certainly not the man to fire us to the PL. I hope to be proven wrong in the forthcoming season though (feel free to bounce this). That being said, he's probably worth more than £3m in the current market.

I wonder how many Palace fans thought Murray was rubbish and should be binned off after his first season there when he scored just 6 goals in his first season, he scored 30 in his second

The same could be asked about other strikers too, Vardy was on the verge of being sold by Leicester to Sheffield Wednesday but the deal fell through and he ended up firing them to the PL title

No doubt if you had your way both of these would have been gone before they had a chance to fire and for them to have the successful season for them and their clubs that they subsequently enjoyed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Be a real shame, just as we get one decent forward in we are going to sell the other one? Unless of course you believe the annual "break the transfer record "rumours that disappoint every season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here