Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed, new striker, signed a three-year deal

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
10 goals in 15 apps for Israel looks good...until you see only 1 goal in last 2 1/4 years, vs Andorra. Career = 299 apps, 69 goals.

He got 20 in 90 for Mallorca over 3 years. Ulloa got 39 in 90 over 3 years for Almeria.

Career-wise, he's got 26 in 101 games in La Liga, so he's unlikely to be the 20 goal a season man we'll need to make an assault on promotion but sounds like he could chip in with 13-15.

He's scored against some good sides - Croatia, Portugal, Ukraine, Valencia, Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Seville. At 28 he should be at his peak. This looks like a decent signing.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
3 of his 10 Israel goals came against Luxembourg and one against Andorra - pretty crap opposition fairness. I expect the championship is made of sterner stuff. Looking at his scoring record and seeing he averages about 1-in-4 I reckon he'll bag about 10 goals next season.

It's better than Dunk's 7 but probably not quite what we're looking for. Good luck to the guy though. I hope he does well.

For those moaning, Hemed scored 8 goals in 35 appearances for Almeria in La Liga. Ulloa scored 7 in 34 appearances.... and look how well Ulloa did for us. Yes, Memed might not have the same impact, but he at least deserves a chance before people start complaining.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
hmmm
pleased to see some transfer activity and good to have another striker option

however, his record is average at best and i certainly hope this is not the extent of our purchases on the striker front this window.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I look at this as the signing of the support striker, with the goalscorer either to come, or to be Sam Baldock. Use this guy properly and he'll chip in with plenty, but if he gets Baldock to score 20 then we'll not have a season half as miserable as the last one.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Was being suggested as a strong, premier league kind of striker worth £3-£5m a few years ago watched by Everton. Perfect age, I think this is our ulloa replacement signing...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
According to this (from 2011), Kayal is his 'best pal':

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/252404/Tomer-Hemed-s-passport-to-Rangers

"RANGERS target Tomer Hemed is set to slice through red tape to sign for the Ibrox club – and do so with the blessing of his best pal – Celtic star Beram Kayal.

Hemed is well aware about how well Kayal has settled (appalling grammar) in Glasgow and how his pal’s profile has risen greatly by moving to the SPL and showcasing his skills on a bigger stage.

Now after speaking to Kayal about his career path, Hemed too could be bound for Glasgow and a chance to follow in the footsteps of previous Israelis at Ibrox – the likes of former keeper Bonni Ginzburg and the late Avi Cohen."

Apparently they did agree a fee for them but he turned them down, and as said above, Everton were supposedly after him in 2013.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good to see we are still using la liga. some bargains to be picked up in Spain, hopefully he is one those and doesnt struggle like Dave mk 2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here