Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomas Frank on tomorrow

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They had absolutely no game plan for us. And were surprisingly cack. If we could get a cows arse anywhere near a banjo in that game they were done. Genuinely think Bournemouth were closer in showing teams how to do it.
Classic smash and grab, they were outclassed all game

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We can't lose 4 out of 4 to the west london wannabes can we?

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Classic smash and grab, they were outclassed all game
On the same subject I just had a look at the Bees message board and the stats from our game at theirs;

"Stats from our 2-0 win over Brighton:
(Brentford 27% Brighton 73%
Brentford 7 shots Brighton 21 shots)"

AAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHJHH!!!!

Hopefully the emergence of Big Ferg changes things this time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If I was playing Brighton I’d ask Fulham how to do it. They proper mugged us.
Don’t agree personally. That was a freak one off of complete luck!

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Bit surprised some people see the high press as Albion-friendly - when played well, it can cause us problems. Not easy to admit it but thought Palace executed this strategy really well first half at the Amex. Considering our attacking riches the low block could be suicidal. I’d defintely prefer Bees to follow the latter strategy….

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We, as fans, have got to be up for it tomorrow. We are all focused on the semi but Brentford is a properly huge game. We all know that sometimes you just sense a lack of atmosphere 5 mins before kick off at the Amex but we need Chelsea or Palace levels of noise tomorrow from the off. Win tomorrow and it sets us up perfectly for the tough run of away games coming up. Lose and we lose all momentum at the worst time. Let's all make some noise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don’t agree personally. That was a freak one off of complete luck!
Deffo, sure it's a freak one off that's happened an awful lot of times, but nevertheless a one off all the same!

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
If it were me playing against Brighton I'd go for a low block, wouldn't choose a high press at all. Basically out-transition Brighton and don't leave open spaces.

But then again, I'm Italian
Massimiliano Allegri Reaction GIF by JuventusFC

You have to have the discipline and patience for it though, it's not a pretty style nor is it easy mentally.
Catenaccio ?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Bit surprised some people see the high press as Albion-friendly - when played well, it can cause us problems. Not easy to admit it but thought Palace executed this strategy really well first half at the Amex. Considering our attacking riches the low block could be suicidal. I’d defintely prefer Bees to follow the latter strategy….
We were under parr with the precision passing at times v Them
But that is the risk and you do have a valid point

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I literally don't understand what you're on about. The entire strategy of RdZ is to draw the press high up the pitch, and then to break through that rapidly, ideally through getting on the ball in the RdZ 'promised land'. And you're saying that teams playing the high press isn't Albion-friendly. Think you're on your own on that front, but happy to be proved wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here