[Albion] Tomas Frank on tomorrow

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
It's an interesting one, how to play against us.
I'm no tactical expert, but it seems a high press is both the worst and best way to play against us - the worst because it's exactly what we want to play around, but the best because if you do it well and force us to make mistakes, you can capitalise.
If it were me playing against Brighton I'd go for a low block, wouldn't choose a high press at all. Basically out-transition Brighton and don't leave open spaces.

But then again, I'm Italian
Massimiliano Allegri Reaction GIF by JuventusFC

You have to have the discipline and patience for it though, it's not a pretty style nor is it easy mentally.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I know Brentford get a lot of plaudits for punching above their weight but they play a very direct physical style which is not easy on the eye. They are exactly the kind of side we struggle against.
This, unfortunately. Although given that just about every team that visits the Amex these days plays in the same way you'd have thought we'd have sussed a way of playing effectively against it???

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Lets hope so. Certainly needs to be a lot better than the game against Palace or this will be a loss.
Actually what we need to do is put away some of the chance's we'll inevitably create...easier said than done admittedly!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Actually what we need to do is put away some of the chance's we'll inevitably create...easier said than done admittedly!!
Same as always - the Albion needs to score early.

It still might not result in a win, but it all but guarantees an actual competitive game of football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There was a great article by Opta about the game, and the clubs generally. Well worth a read:

Different styles of football right now yes...
But how did Brighton look in the second season after promotion? Arguably Brentford are a lot better and more entertaining than that. Will be interesting to see what they do over the next few years.

If it were me playing against Brighton I'd go for a low block, wouldn't choose a high press at all. Basically out-transition Brighton and don't leave open spaces.

You have to have the discipline and patience for it though, it's not a pretty style nor is it easy mentally.

Yup, has been working pretty much every time this season (not to mention the last... or the one before that... or the one before that.. etc)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We're going to lose this. 0-3. I can feel it. Everyone focussed on the Semi, it's all going to go wrong.

Yeah, ok.

I can see RdZ making 5 substitutions on 30 minutes if it looks like that is happening!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Man mark Dunk and Colwill/Webster to force the pass out to full backs or long.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A key difference is the emergence of Ferguson, previously teams could stifle us by sitting deep and bullying Maupay, the low block eliminates the ball in behind but invites crosses into the box, something Maupay wasn’t much use for but Evan is far more of a physical threat.
I’ll be an interesting battle for sure, not taking a single point from Fulham and Brentford is unthinkable.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
They were very lucky in that away game - we were the better side and should have won. I’d take a repeat of how it plays out - with that added bit of home form from us - the home game is where RDZ succeeds where Potter largely failed. Can see it being a draw for once though.
The only away game we have failed to score in this season.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022

Lovely bit of catenaccio (sp)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I know Brentford get a lot of plaudits for punching above their weight but they play a very direct physical style which is not easy on the eye. They are exactly the kind of side we struggle against.
Agreed. We’re not brilliant against shit teams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ivan Toney is one booking away from a suspension, Brentford‘s next two games are against United and Newcastle. He MIGHT not put himself about as much as usual

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here