Today's Guardian Article About Plymouth's Very Dire Financial Position

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, the fact that Plymouth ARE now safely in Administration is a good thing, yes? For them?

The immediate concern surely was that HMRC or another creditor would press for liquidation before that protected legal position was secured?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That wasn't the football league though, so not covered by FL regs.

True, but unibond (or whoever) initially deducted the points (presumably in keeping with their own regulations). The FA then intervened and instead awarded 3pts for unplayed games. The FA may well see fit to intervene with the Football League and do the same. The decision to intervene was challenged in the high courts and the decision was upheld.

But, like Easy says, it is just about there having been a precedent for it, so what's the harm in creating a table to show what it would look like if it did happen?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
True, but unibond (or whoever) initially deducted the points (presumably in keeping with their own regulations). The FA then intervened and instead awarded 3pts for unplayed games. The FA may well see fit to intervene with the Football League and do the same. The decision to intervene was challenged in the high courts and the decision was upheld.

But, like Easy says, it is just about there having been a precedent for it, so what's the harm in creating a table to show what it would look like if it did happen?

None at all. Carry on...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't panic yet....administration is victory for them in short term....I would imagine they will be ok up until end of season at least

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway, the fact that Plymouth ARE now safely in Administration is a good thing, yes? For them?

The immediate concern surely was that HMRC or another creditor would press for liquidation before that protected legal position was secured?

Don't panic yet....administration is victory for them in short term....I would imagine they will be ok up until end of season at least

This.
To be frank, its probably victory longer term too. Admin is all about making them more attractive (chepaer) to a buyer, non?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well, if there is any good news, it is Plymouth going into administration today and protecting themselves from the HRMC who failed to get a winding up order in the courts today. Should ensure Plymouths long term future.

"I have practical difficulties at the moment- I'm not currently funded so I'm prevailing upon the goodwill of staff and players to continue to work without pay". - Brendan Guilfoyle, the Administrator.

How long will that last?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
"I have practical difficulties at the moment- I'm not currently funded so I'm prevailing upon the goodwill of staff and players to continue to work without pay". - Brendan Guilfoyle, the Administrator.

How long will that last?

He has stated that they have three very interested buyers now they are in administraion and if one puts money in to help with running costs I think they become the preffered buyer. He has also told the fans that he is confident of a sale by the 17th March.

Last edited:

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Just been thinking that if the transfer window did not exist they could maybe sell a couple of players (if there are any good enough) to raise funds and that if the transfer window had existed when we needed to sell Beeney perhaps things would have become even worse for us.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Just been thinking that if the transfer window did not exist they could maybe sell a couple of players (if there are any good enough) to raise funds and that if the transfer window had existed when we needed to sell Beeney perhaps things would have become even worse for us.

You don't suddenly become this much in debt overnight.

The board have much to answer for. They're guarateed to go down, people aren't being paid and they're guaranteed to f*** over creditors along the way. If they'd sold some stars, trimmed their wage bill and boxed clever in the loan market before their stock had completely fallen they just might have had a chance of staying up.

Just what advice ARE their accountants giving them?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports