Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Guardian Article About Plymouth's Very Dire Financial Position

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
just to note that the Argyle PASOTI forum seems to have disappeared.
Just 100 fans reported to have turned up at the ground for a march against the board

edit: back up now - not happy reading but no news one way or the other seems to be HMRC wanting to appoint its own administrator so they might get some of what they are owed as opposed to the norm with football clubs going into admin where football creditors get precedence and the taxpayer gets nothing

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic.php?t=52404&start=225

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if Plmouths results are EXPUNGED, then I make it the table will go from this:

Pts GD
Brighton 62 +34
Bornmuff 58 +23
Hudds 56 +16
P'Boro 53 +12
Soton 52 +25
MK Dongs 52 -1

to THIS

Pts GD
Brighton 56 +28
Hudds 53 +16
Soton 52 +26
Bornmuff 52 +19
MK Dongs 52 +1
P'Boro 50 +9

Both us and Bournemouth would be worst hit, having done the double over them, losing 6 points. We also lose 6 goals from our GD.
Southapton REAP the rewards, having only played them once and LOST, so no difference there other than getting a goal added back onto their GD.
Peterboro and Hudds both have 3 points lopped off.
MK no difference as they lost.

This f***ing SUCKS.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't think liquidation is on the agenda just yet in truth but there is a very real prospect that Argyle will "do a Luton" and start next season in league two on -30 points and almost guaranteed relegation to the conference the following year

Change that..............................
1.00pm update

In court now. Confirmed that HMRC are seeking injunction to stop the Board putting the club into administration under the Notice of Administration procedure

unsurprisingly perhaps, their forum has crashed again

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Seems a bit harsh that some people are more concerned about us losing six points than Argyle surviving.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Ask the Saints fans if they want them to survive?
I think all true footy fans want them to survive, but the impact on others clubs is hard to take from Bournemouth and our point of view.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Chester went pop very early in the season. I would imagine upsetting the apple cart so late in the season and so much in Southamptons favour another solution (add three points for remaining games!) would need to be considered. (In my idea two points would be fair and reasonable) However the football authorities have a clear hatred of us, and love to see Southampton back up there, so expect the worst.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seems a bit harsh that some people are more concerned about us losing six points than Argyle surviving.

I want Argyle to survive.
I want us to keep our 6 points.

I'm concerned about BOTH. But from our point of view, being deducted 6 points this season through no fault of our own, and in the same process giving SCC a maHOOsive boost in the League table, courtesy of them being SHIT enough to lose to them (back on the opening day), would stick in the throat somewhat.

We ALL want Plymouth to survive, that goes without saying. But the ramifications of them going under this season undermines the entire League season for everyone - not least us and (maybe even moreso) Bournemouth, who drop out of the automatics. I've not bothered to work out the consequences for the teams at the arse-end of the table, but no doubt it will warp the table for them as well.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
Something Ive never understood with these PAYE debts; the club are obviously deducting the PAYE from the players as all employers do, which they are then meant to pay to the fatty taxman. If they dont pay that money to the taxman having essentially said to the player that is what they are going to do; isnt that theft?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not bothered to work out the consequences for the teams at the arse-end of the table, but no doubt it will warp the table for them as well.

If points and goals against plymouth are voided:

withoutplymouth110304.jpg

If unplayed games v plymouth are given as 3 points:

plymouth320110304.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Section 12.2 of The Football League regulations refer to the 'expunging' of a teams record, if they 'cease to be a mamber' at any point DURING a season. No mention at all about the +3 point scenario, so this would definitely NOT happen.

The Football League | About Us | Regulations | Regulations Detail | SECTION 3: THE LEAGUE

Just going by what was raised in another thread by gritt

BBC SPORT | Football | Non League | Unibond League play-offs go ahead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here