Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby leaves!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Good. Another one of Gus poor forwards leaving the club. He really was a cack manager when it came to strikers.

OG will bring in quality. Watch this space.

Barnes and Ulloa weren't too bad, were they? I must admit my abiding memory of Toby, other than the pass to Buckley at Peterborough, was the sitter he missed at Wrexham.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm distraught, my favourite player has left. Not sure I'll bother going to any games this season now.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Often shone in reserve games, a league down and he would have seen more action. Will be a great signing for someone and has the ability to be a quality forward.

Good movement, ball control, knows where the net is and puts in great shots. Sad to see him go, good luck Toby Adgstien.

Richie Barker at Crawley has seen him play, theirs a starting point.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good luck to the bloke (and any released player that moves on), hope he does well for them and himself.

Personally I thought he could have got a League 2 club but at the end of the day the MTL is better than nothing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Didn't get much of a chance but what I saw of him wasn't that impressive imo. Good luck to him though.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
I have had a look and can't see anywhere saying he has signed for ICT ??? Like most have said thought he looked promising

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Thanks @sidtheseagull I did look on there but couldn't see it but now seen the "Tel signs Viking Raider"

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
From Inverness web site

Tel Signs Viking Raider
27 July 2013

Caley Thistle have their own version of Norwegian Rhapsody after signing a tall striker who has played for Norway at under-21 level.
Torbjorn Agdestein, who will be 22 in September, has been signed by manager Terry Butcher on a six-month contract after being released by Brighton and Hove Albion.

'Toby', as he is known, has shown his paces with Caley Jags and manager Butcher said: "He is 6 feet one inch tall and gives us the option of height up front -- quite a contrast with wee Billy McKay, our top striker.

"We like the look of Toby, he's young and strong and willing to learn. We're happy he has agreed to sign until the January window to boost our attacking resources and we can make a decision at that point."

Agdestein played for home town team Stord Idrettslag in Norway, scoring 16 goals in 35 appearances, before Gus Poyet signed him for Brighton for a small fee three years ago. He played initially in their development squad.

He made his senior debut in an FA Cup replay agaiinst Wrexham and went on to make six first team appearances for the Seagulls and six more while on loan at Conference side Bath City.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe the question needs to be asked; do we really need a development squad? First team / reserve team / youth team setup always seemed to work perfectly well, with the kids gaining valuable experience from playing alongside senior players. DS seems to me to be a convenient dumping ground for failed signings, who are then quietly sidelined with no loss of face by those responsible for the original signing. BS team might be a better term. IMHO, like.
The reason it was introduced was because as the club moved up it was deemed that the gap between Youth Team and Senior Squad, already quite large in League One days, would become unbridgeable. Lads would be playing youth team football, then at 18 a decision would be made and the select few would suddenly be expected to be playing adult football and at Championship standard (or get slated on here for being crap). The DS is a bridge between the two, players can play adult football (reserve level), plus the decision as to whether they're going to make it or not can be put back a few years until they're in their early twenties. In addition it gives the club a chance to have a look at players who've come through the youth ranks at top premiership clubs but haven't got pro contracts there. The concept's fine, and it's still relatively new for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here