Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby leaves!

King Barnes

Jul 20, 2013
Seems to be another Hoskins to me. Not really good enough, but large sections of our support seem to wear rose tinted spectacles where he is concerned. It amazes me how much support some fringe players get whilst big contributors like Barnes get pillored at the first opportunity.

Hoskins is a far superior player than Toby. Not even close in comparison.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Any day of the week would be fine with me. I just wish we would get on with it....or at least be told not to expect any further signings. Our midfield looks very weak indeed as things stand and we're hardly flush with strikers. And don't get me started on the LB position. If we are really looking for Masimenko or Chicksen to start against Leeds, we are in trouble.

Chief - are you going to panic every season? Thought you would've learnt by now that the big business is done towards the end of the window. It's completely normal, keep calm. :thumbsup:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
watched every home ds game for last 2 years,never really saw him as a 1st teamer,good luck to him

Anyone outside of Dunk, Ince, Richards, JFC, March who's got particular promise? How's Walton the keeper from Plymouth we paid 250k for been doing? Never rated Barker as more than a L1 prospect (not bad for our old set-up but not what we need in 3-5 years time).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barker is the same age as Toby 22 in September so should be knocking on the door to the first team. He has on a couple of occasions but needs to kick on and do this more often or the same fate will come his way I think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think we will start seeing a different class of player coming into the DS team now

Maybe the question needs to be asked; do we really need a development squad? First team / reserve team / youth team setup always seemed to work perfectly well, with the kids gaining valuable experience from playing alongside senior players. DS seems to me to be a convenient dumping ground for failed signings, who are then quietly sidelined with no loss of face by those responsible for the original signing. BS team might be a better term. IMHO, like.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll look forward to his Youtube highlights reel.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barker is the same age as Toby 22 in September so should be knocking on the door to the first team. He has on a couple of occasions but needs to kick on and do this more often or the same fate will come his way I think.

It might be a reasonable idea to loan him out to a league 1 side this year.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe the question needs to be asked; do we really need a development squad? First team / reserve team / youth team setup always seemed to work perfectly well, with the kids gaining valuable experience from playing alongside senior players. DS seems to me to be a convenient dumping ground for failed signings, who are then quietly sidelined with no loss of face by those responsible for the original signing. BS team might be a better term. IMHO, like.

The DS is basically what we used to call the Reserves in the old days. Oscar has arrived and assessed the players and identified a couple who won't figure in his plans. Letting them go gives them the chance to play elsewhere and frees up their wages which can be used for replacements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here