[Albion] To the supporters in attendance today

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On another tack...we have beaten last year’s Champions Liverpool, this years Champions and some wannabes from norf laaandan.

Man City are regarded as currently one of the, if not the best team in the world and we gave them a game...ok 10 men, but with the noise the crowd made, it just shows how the likes of trossard and moder lift their game.

As for BDB....I have a manly crush on him. He was IMMENSE last night.

....and that tackle Ben white did on the city forward about to pull the trigger in the area. WOW

Was that the one in the second half near the end (Lallana)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was that the one in the second half near the end (Lallana)

It was first half, down the NS end.

Standing close up to players just makes you realise who damn good they are.

I also thought BDB played Mahres better as the game got on as he is an incredible player....in fact the only weak link in their team wa s the Russian fella who I thought was a bit lightweight.

Also did you se the city player - I think it was stones - take the full force of White’s shot in the chest and just get on with it. So many players would have rolled around like they were shot,

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It was first half, down the NS end.

Standing close up to players just makes you realise who damn good they are.

I also thought BDB played Mahres better as the game got on as he is an incredible player....in fact the only weak link in their team wa s the Russian fella who I thought was a bit lightweight.

Also did you se the city player - I think it was stones - take the full force of White’s shot in the chest and just get on with it. So many players would have rolled around like they were shot,

Ah yes ....sorry I was at south end....as regards to that shot I’m pretty sure it was Zinchenko..and agree

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
My throat feels like I smoked 100 cigarettes last night. Tremendous atmosphere and I have not seen it like that, since the Sheffield Wednesday Play Off game. I think it made a difference with home fans behind both goals, stick away fans up in the gods somewhere out of the way. One to remember..

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
It took me nearly 4 hours to get home.
3 of the different motorway changes i need to make had shut junctions.
40 mph speed limits most of the way with lanes closed 10miles before the incident.
Pouring rain and the first night driving i've done for a year.
Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It was ****ing brilliant ..lost voice supporting the team ..abusing the ref and shouting “Foden Foden what’s the score ...knackered

Yep, the one good thing about being in the South stand behind the goal was that song aimed at that little snide. His goal was quality though but his celebration classless.

I am another who now has no voice. Goodness knows how I am gonna teach tomorrow!

Do you know why was Foden being booed so much from the off? Have to say I wasn't surprised at his goal celebration off the back of that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I almost got thrown out of the ESU for standing and singing in the first half. Granted i should have been in the north but we couldn’t get tickets there. Steward was a dick. Luckily his senior realise we were only there to support and get behind the team. Anyone who didn’t go because of lack of atmosphere and not a full stadium go. It was fantastic. Great day great result. UTA.

To be fair they're not used to fans singing in the East.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It took me nearly 4 hours to get home.
3 of the different motorway changes i need to make had shut junctions.
40 mph speed limits most of the way with lanes closed 10miles before the incident.
Pouring rain and the first night driving i've done for a year.
Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Similar experience. It was part of the STH experience particularly in Championship with more midweek matches to negotiate contorted diversions around Reading, Slough and points in between as they took years to do the smart M4. Now live in Dorset and had to negotiate some interesting lanes around Blandford to avoid an A31 closure. Took >3hours.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Might have been covered elsewhere but why was Mill Road only taken to B? Had shedloads of buses, most of which were unnecessary even with reduced numbers on board. My mate could not get a parking ticket yet MR was about 10% full.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Similar experience. It was part of the STH experience particularly in Championship with more midweek matches to negotiate contorted diversions around Reading, Slough and points in between as they took years to do the smart M4. Now live in Dorset and had to negotiate some interesting lanes around Blandford to avoid an A31 closure. Took >3hours.

M6 was shut for me last night so had to go cross country. Got home at 2.40 am.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Seemed to start when he took a corner early on in the first half.

I've no doubt that's why he did a cupped ear celebration

Right, well I posted on another thread why on earth he cupped his ear. I was in the South stand toward the West Side-innit, and didn’t hear anything. He must be easily riled! That said Ward-Prowse when he first scored against us did the same thing to the North stand and I had no idea that day either - I figured a Brighton fan had broken his heart as a teenager and his goal was straight back at her. :shrug:

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
what an evening, I surprised my 8 yo lad in taking him there (made out we were playing football in Eastbourne, I took the back roads but as soon as we entered Cuilfail tunnel he knew). We were seated in West Stand lower with the north stand posse just to our left and man what an evening. My lad was starting to flake when we went 2-0 down, but then his icon Trossard gets a goal, then Websters header with celebration across the front of us, to then the man who is BDB getting that winner. It went crazy, what an amazing night.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Thank you for your sacrifice. I was priority group 4, so I would not have been there, but for your selfless attitude.

Thank you.

No problem - so glad you enjoyed another great Albion moment.

I shall be adding it to my growing list of missed sporting opportunities :dunce:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports