• 1-0 up?

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The chainsaw (Portland) and bell (Montreal) are organic and reflect the history of the two cities.
I’m struggling with a scenario, where ‘organically’ Timber Joey turned up unannounced at a Portland match, with a full spec, industrial chainsaw, found a massive felled tree, and started hacking away at it.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
I’m struggling with a scenario, where ‘organically’ Timber Joey turned up unannounced at a Portland match, with a full spec, industrial chainsaw, found a massive felled tree, and started hacking away at it.
It was first started by a dude in the 70's and passed down to the current guy.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The worst thing that happened was the banning of rattles.:wrong:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And yet, that's exactly what happened:

"It started in the late '70s when a man named Jim Serill [Timber Jim] decided to bring a chainsaw to a game. The front office was saying 'no way!' but eventually they allowed him to come in. "

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

"It started in the late '70s when a man named Jim Serill [Timber Jim] decided to bring a chainsaw to a game. The front office was saying 'no way!' but eventually they allowed him to come in. "
Good decision. Never say no to a man with a chainsaw.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I like it personally. I think it's unique and gives another dimension to fan culture. Not that I'd want it at Albion games or anywhere in the UK for that matter, but it certainly adds character.

No different from how some supporter's groups display Tifos imo.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Good decision. Never say no to a man with a chainsaw.
Just well there are floodlight pylons any more.

The temptation.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

"What's that? You want to bring a chainsaw in? Oh go on then - in you come.

Oh, wait - is that a Coke bottle in your other hand. We can't be having that - health and safety, you see - hand over the top or you're not coming in."

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry a bit tin pot for me. See below for acceptable use of clanging bells to create tension and excitement!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here