Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't Chelsea have a buy-back option? IIRC, that's what stopped us going for him a couple of years ago

levs

Jul 10, 2017
I did wonder whether he might be available at a cut price following Southampton's relegation. Looked very exciting pre injury, provided he is over that fully and the price is good I'd be happy if we signed him

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This Chelsea buy back option. I'm not too worried about that. Clearly nobody knows what it says, but it can't prevent another club from making a bid, nor can it compel a player to go back there if he doesn't want to.

Now I don't know anything really about this lad, but I can guess he wants to rebuild his career in a steady environment. My view is that he can do worse than stay where he is at least for 6 months or a year, where he can get the games he needs to build his match fitness back up. Maybe then Saints go back up, maybe they don't.

But if we were to get in a bid for the player and nick a top talent who nobody else will take a risk on then I certainly won't be complaining

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Don't Chelsea have a buy-back option? IIRC, that's what stopped us going for him a couple of years ago
I think you could be right. However, Chelsea aren't really in a great position to be adding supplementary players to their already bloated and expensive squad right now.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I don't claim to be any sort of expert in football contracts but presumably that buy back option only exists while he's on his Southampton deal, so if we buy him then they're not getting him?

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't claim to be any sort of expert in football contracts but presumably that buy back option only exists while he's on his Southampton deal, so if we buy him then they're not getting him?
As I understand it a buy-back clause fixes the transfer fee, which becomes active after a set period of time eg 2 years. But it also gives the club first refusal and the right to match any accepted bid for the player.

So if the buy-back clause isn’t active, and we offered £30m and they accepted, Chelsea would be offered the player for the same price.

If the clause is active, Chelsea have first refusal for the player at the agreed price.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For the right price, yes. He didn’t go for huge amounts (£5m maybe?) so wouldn’t pay more than £15m personally given they’ve just gone down and he’s just back from injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here