Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Didn't realise he was a winger as well. My memory of him from his short cameo this season that has somehow turned intot a performance for the ages was that he was quick, technically proficient, but got rinsed by Mitoma a few times.

Not bad for coming back from injury and not the only player to not know what the F to do with Koauru.

Would be very handy to have him right along that right hand side.
That would be correct IMO, he was okay nothing more, but was beaten a couple of times, and looked quite rusty touch wise.

(Which of course he should do, given the time out).

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
a good player coming back from injury played well. Would be a great signing IMHO

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm not sure how the buy-back clause would work if we wanted to sign him from Stains. Would Chelsea have the right to match any offer from us, and that would be the end of it if they didn't? I presume the buy-back clause couldn't carry over?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm not sure how the buy-back clause would work if we wanted to sign him from Stains. Would Chelsea have the right to match any offer from us, and that would be the end of it if they didn't? I presume the buy-back clause couldn't carry over?
Depends on the actual terms of the buy back. It could be a chance for Chelsea to match any bid that Southampton accept for the player. Or it could be a set fee pre agreed between the two clubs.

If Chelsea don’t act and someone else buys the player the clause expires as Chelsea have effectively rejected the chance to trigger the clause.

The only thing I’m unsure on is if the player can be forced to join Chelsea. I’d doubt it under freedom to work laws so it could be that Chelsea match our bid but the player rejects them as he sees more game time/chance to develop with us (unlikely as Chelsea will just throw cash at him but it could happen).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I assume Chelsea have to match any offer made to Southampton by another club. That’s going to be a right pain for them this month as they look to correct their FFP for this current period.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I actually think this is one transfer we don’t have to worry about Chelsea on - if we want him and we agree a fee with Stains and he want to join then Chelsea will just let that buy-back go😉

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What happens in a buy back clause if 2 clubs ( present club and original club) agree a deal, but the player doesn’t want to return to the original club?

Doesn’t that make it dead in the water?

I’m not saying that this would happen in this case

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He’s an excellent young player, yes he’s had a major injury but it’s not a recurring/muscle injury which is one I’d worry about, like Lamptey has had.

ACL injuries actually heal stronger than the original ligament so I doubt that’s anything to worry about, he stood out to me when he came on, rusty but technically very good and the sort of player RDZ would work well with

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
What happens in a buy back clause if 2 clubs ( present club and original club) agree a deal, but the player doesn’t want to return to the original club?

Yes, the club buying back would still need to agree terms with the player. If he doesn't want to move, he doesn't have to move, unless there is something in his contract with Saints, but I don't think that it would be lawful.

Not sure what happens in the case of the player moving to a 3rd club when the original club has a buy back, that either they don't want to exercise at that time, or can't agree terms with the player at that time. There is probably either a fixed amount due to the original club to allow the move to happen and compensate for the loss of their buy back option, or a fee dependent on games played, fee received, etc.

In Livramento's case, having not played much through injury, it may be that Chelsea are due less than they otherwise might have been.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Yeah, it would be dead. You can't make someone sign a contract and move somewhere they don't want to go.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Correct, that is an agreement only between Chelsea and Southampton.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He seems like an ambitious boy. Having lost a year’s development to injury, it would be surprising if he lost another year’s (or more) top level improvement in the Championship. I reckon he wants out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here