Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Tinned Tuna in spring water or sunflower oil?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Brine, obviously.

Anything else is ruinous. Just thinking about tuna drenched in sunflower oil is utterly vomit-inducing. What is wrong with you people ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Spring water is insanity. Brine too seems to leach out flavour and destroy what texture remains in the tinned product.
Leaves oil as the only option should you have to resort to a can or jar.

Mainly this thread has triggered me about the time I had a massive row in a sandwich shop when they gave me tuna and salad cream labeled as tuna mayo and couldn't understand my objection.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Fresh or nothing.
Don’t like tinned Tuna, but funnily enough I quite like tinned salmon.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brine, obviously.

Anything else is ruinous. Just thinking about tuna drenched in sunflower oil is utterly vomit-inducing. What is wrong with you people ?

You put up with it when you had the proper stuff.

1696967420264.png

Even the cans are superior in Spain. Last thing I do before I come home is fill the suitcase with Spanish tuna from the supermarket.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You put up with it when you had the proper stuff.

View attachment 167901

Even the cans are superior in Spain. Last thing I do before I come home is fill the suitcase with Spanish tuna from the supermarket.
Blimey. Don't you ever watch Nothing To Declare ?

"This passenger has concealed multiple jars of undeclared spanish tuna within his luggage, and has been taken to a private room for a strip-search"

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Blimey. Don't you ever watch Nothing To Declare ?

"This passenger has concealed multiple jars of undeclared spanish tuna within his luggage, and has been taken to a private room for a strip-search"

The trick is to smuggle a chorizo in your trousers at the same time and they wave you through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here