Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time to cut down on the schadenfreude?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Seeing Cucurella, Sanchez and Caicedo fail miserably at Chelsea would be one of the most deeply delicious, enjoyable aspects of this season, and any BHA fan who WOULDN'T revel in that is frankly a bit odd, and doesn't really get football. I wish them nothing but failure and misery at Stamford Bridge, with absolute DOGS abuse raining down on them from the stands every week. Yes they can always look at their bank balances to cheer themselves up, being as filling their trousers was always the first priority. But they chose to bin BHA off for that vile club at the first opportunity, so if there is such a thing as Karma, they will have a miserable experience there.

You'd actually think Caicedo might get an easier ride from their fans, being as he gave the middle finger to Liverpool in order to join them. But going by yesterday, if he doesn't start turning in top-notch performances right from the off, then those entitled pricks are going to be all over his back. And you can't really leave a £115m purchase languishing on the peripherals, so he is going to be right in the eye of the storm purely because of that catastrophic price tag.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You'd actually think Caicedo might get an easier ride from their fans, being as he gave the middle finger to Liverpool in order to join them. But going by yesterday, if he doesn't start turning in top-notch performances right from the off, then those entitled pricks are going to be all over his back. And you can't really leave a £115m purchase languishing on the peripherals, so he is going to be right in the eye of the storm purely because of that catastrophic price tag.
Can you imagine what it must have felt like for him in that moment to have brought down Emerson, seen the ref point to the spot, seen your new teammates faces as they realise you've lost the game for them, then look up behind the goal to see all the Chelsea fans empty the away stand in disgust, your shit debut being the cherry on top of particularly horrible cake.

That - in its own way - is as beautiful as Mitoma waltzing through the Wolves defence.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can you imagine what it must have felt like for him in that moment to have brought down Emerson, seen the ref point to the spot, seen your new teammates faces as they realise you've lost the game for them, then look up behind the goal to see all the Chelsea fans empty the away stand in disgust, your shit debut being the cherry on top of particularly horrible cake.

That - in its own way - is as beautiful as Mitoma waltzing through the Wolves defence.
😁

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
What I took from the West Ham Chelsea game.

Pleased West Ham had a player sent off as he will miss our game.

Not pleased West Ham won as that will pep them up for our game

I tend to view all other games not involving the Albion with a slant to how it best suits us in the near future.

I am confused about the Palace v Arsenal game tonight as I am unsure if we want Palace to take points off Arsenal in our pursuit of the League title or whether we want Arsenal to win so we can finish above Palace in the relegation scrap. It was much easier before we got good. :cry:

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I am confused about the Palace v Arsenal game tonight as I am unsure if we want Palace to take points off Arsenal in our pursuit of the League title or whether we want Arsenal to win so we can finish above Palace in the relegation scrap. It was much easier before we got good. :cry:
Arsenal to win, obviously.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Actions have consequences. He is more than welcome to the consequences of chasing a pay packet ahead of anything else.
I hope he disappears into a footnote in history as [almost] the most expensive player in English football, who chose to chase "personal terms" ahead of anything else.

As an aside I do sincerely hope that Colwill "downs tools" and manufacturers his own exit from Chelsea (and the sooner the better) in exactly the same manner but for all the right reasons (like career development, European football, a stable club, etc)... if that happens to be BHA I'd be even happier.

Chelsea rapidly turning into the club I hate more than Palace.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Arsenal to win, obviously.
I really can't be bothered with the Palace thing. Obviously I don’t like them but I find it hard to feel anything more hostile than for the other London clubs, with the obvious exception of Chelsea who are the only ones I feel a true loathing for. The others I just feel indifferent towards. Maybe it’s an age thing.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To want to leave once for one club you've always wanted to play for is disappointing but to do it twice for another club is unforgiveable. Yes, he was a great player for us, for 46 games!!! He's not a legend, unlike Zamora and Murray who were welcomed back. Colwill showed class as did MacAlister and both will probably get a good reception. Caicedo has issued a statement but his actions supercede that. He saw what happened to Cucurella and probably doesn't want that when Chelsea come here.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Seeing Cucurella, Sanchez and Caicedo fail miserably at Chelsea would be one of the most deeply delicious, enjoyable aspects of this season, and any BHA fan who WOULDN'T revel in that is frankly a bit odd, and doesn't really get football. I wish them nothing but failure and misery at Stamford Bridge, with absolute DOGS abuse raining down on them from the stands every week. Yes they can always look at their bank balances to cheer themselves up, being as filling their trousers was always the first priority. But they chose to bin BHA off for that vile club at the first opportunity, so if there is such a thing as Karma, they will have a miserable experience there.

Except they have already kept a £60 million player in the stiffs for almost a whole season after his disastrous debut.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Absolutely. He bought the pillowcases, selected the sheets, chose the duvet, and made that bed up for himself. The bed that he promptly went and shat in yesterday.

Lovely.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
No. Screw everyone that leaves. Seriously. Balls to them.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
His career has peaked now. He said himself his dream was to play for Chelsea. He has done that now.
It is telling that his dream was not to win something or break some soccer playing record but, instead, was simply to play for a team that pays a lot of money.

Absolutely not. I hope he gets a VERY hostile reception. I think it will be an very good atmosphere when we play those ****s. Caicedo is a f***ing cock, and I cannot wait to BOO and HISS the greedy prick.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Absolutely not. I hope he gets a VERY hostile reception. I think it will be an very good atmosphere when we play those ****s. Caicedo is a f***ing cock, and I cannot wait to BOO and HISS the greedy prick.
Just a boo FFS it's a f***ing Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
5 Reasons why I think Tony would have foregone the extra cash and it would have been better for him - and us - if Caicedo had joined Liverpool:

1. European football for him this season.
2. Rekindle the proven partnership with MacAllister.
3. No threat of FFP bans hanging over that club.
4. Chelsea more of an immediate threat to our 23/24 European qualification hopes than Liverpool.
5. Liverpool are a classy club with decent fans, whereas Chelsea are a bunch of c**ts from top to bottom.
6. Liverpool treated us maturely with a straight offer meeting this club’s valuation. Whilst Boehly/Winstanley had known for months from illegal contact and (my guess) £25m to the agents that Caicedo had chose them, so thought they could grind us into the gravel with £70m to £80m, believing our hands tied. In addition, running a tedious propaganda campaign through Romano, Jacobs and friends at the Guardian and Independent.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
This season is going to be another disaster for Chelsea, and I'm going to love every minute of it.

Predict:

- Chelsea fans will have even less patience for Sanchez than we did. Will soon become villain #1
- Caicedo will struggle to perform, due to insurmountable pressure of his transfer fee and expectation of instant results from the fans. Will only end up starting less than 50% of games this season, then going on to sign for someone else for half the price.
- Colwill will fail to impress, without having the support that he had at BHAFC. May end up going out on loan again, or even signing for us in the winter.
- Cucurella will remain a bit player, forever regarded as not good enough, and a monumental waste of money.
- Ponchetino will be gone by end of the season. Chelsea try to poach RDZ, but he goes on to embarrass them with a 'thanks, but no thanks'
I've seen some Chelsea fans online (not a great barometer of general sentiment) already turning on Sanchez and Poch. Weird how the owners haven't come in for almost as much grief as Potter and soon-to-be Pochettino etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here