Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Time to cut down on the schadenfreude?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
Personally I have taken no delight in Caicedo’s failings. I wish him no ill.

my Schadenfreude is about Chelsea Football Club as a whole and their ridiculous fanbase.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Unless a club legend like Zamora I really couldn’t care less how a player’s career develops once they’ve forced their way out of the door. Caicedo played a whopping 46 games for us, he was dropping his knickers for any club that was prepared to throw wages at him. Add to the fact that he’s joined the Chelsea circus, currently one of the worst run football teams in world football, then no, I think I’ll enjoy the moment for a little while longer.

It’s also amusing to see Colwill looking lost without Dunk next to him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unless a club legend like Zamora I really couldn’t care less how a player’s career develops once they’ve forced their way out of the door. Caicedo played a whopping 46 games for us, he was dropping his knickers for any club that was prepared to throw wages at him. Add to the fact that he’s joined the Chelsea circus, currently one of the worst run football teams in world football, then no, I think I’ll enjoy the moment for a little while longer.

I don’t wish anything bad to happen to Colwill. He seems like a sensible young man, and I’m sure that a stable partnership alongside the club captain was part of the attraction of signing for us. Going back to a much less stable Chelsea with such high expectations is going to make this a long season for him, and hopefully he’ll end up back with us.

I’ll not stop enjoying seeing Chelsea fail.

Last edited:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
On reflection of yesterday’s events, whilst it was hilarious to see Chelsea lose, I have reflected and feel we may have taken too much delight in Caicedo’s failings. he was a fantastic player for us, but he is young. I do’t want to see his confidence take such a blow that it puts his career off track.
I think he'll cope with a few well guided jibes from NSC.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“Leave Chelsea alone!”

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If a player doesn’t want to play for the club I support, wants to agitate a move for more money, which is their right and I respect that, but it’s certainly my right to give them pelters at every single opportunity and relish when they f*** up. Especially at Chelsea.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022

It is quite funny, and I feel that’s quite some testament to Dunk, given he’s playing alongside Thiago Silva, who we can’t deny is a superb defender.

I have more sympathy for Colwill though, he did at least want to come here and play for us rather than Chelsea.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don’t wish anything bad to happen to Colwill. He seems like a sensible young man, and I’m sure that a stabke partnership alongside the club captain was part of the attraction of signing for us. Going back to a much less stable Chelsea with such high expectations on him is going to make this a long season for him, and hopefully he’ll end up back with us.

I’ll not stop enjoying seeing Chelsea fail.
And in fact, he couldn't have reasonably done much more to get a transfer to us, so I have nothing but respect for Levi.

But Caicedo. Deserves stick. All this, "he's a young man, poorly advised, from the other side of the world" stuff. At some point, he has to take responsibility for his actions.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I understand your point but I largely disagree. I don't give a shit about his confidence or whether his career continues on an upward trajectory or ends in failure. In fact, all the while he plays in the PL I hope he struggles miserably as I don't want him helping Chelsea achieve success - and I certainly don't want to see a confident, happy Caicedo
'doing a Dan Burn' and gleefully celebrating a goal and/or his role in inflicting defeat on us.

He played less than fifty games for us, he's not a 'legend', he was adamant he wanted to leave, so f*** him. And I appreciate that that makes me sound like a sad and bitter old man, so in my defence I'll say I don't feel that way about all our ex-players; Mac Allister for instance I wish nothing but the best and I hope he goes on to have a great career with Liverpool. And Bobby Zamora was always 'our' Bobby to me.

Where I do agree with you though is perhaps dialling down the schadenfreude a bit. It's early days and I'm sure he, and Chelsea, will come good - although I sincerely hope they don't. Then we'll be laughing on the other side of our faces. However until then, yes, it IS funny and I shall enjoy laughing at them for as long as I can.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Wtf ? This is just for starters…..
This is a Brighton forum not a Caicedo forum. His career is between him and his bank manager.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Go and support Chelsea then. We don't want ridiculous posts like this on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here