Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'll be having little on Scott Marshall.

Sherwood shortened overnight (now 1.25). I don't get it especially when you read this (Guardian)

''Villa want to bring in a manager who is keen to bring through younger players, prepared to work closely with Reilly – who returned to the club from Liverpool in November – and someone who is comfortable operating in a structure that will also see a director of football operations appointed''

That sounds nothing like Sherwood.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
For what it's worth, I think he is a very good fit. Clearly good with the youth and \I think the villa fans will be happy with the style of play compared to \lambert.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why does Sherwood demand a top job and not 'cut his teeth' in the lower leagues?

Is it easier to make some sort of headway with a massive budget as opposed to scrabbling around in the lower leagues?

Ince cut his teeth in the lower leagues, but has failed since.

I guess it is easy to wait for an opportunity, if one has been wise with their multi-million contracts.

There are plenty of dense owners who will employ any sort of cult hero or 'manager' with an attachment.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Sherwood shortened overnight (now 1.25).

I wouldn't read too much into it as he had similar odds at QPR for a while.

Then again, he may decide that Villa is a club worthy of his vast experience and talent after all...oh he's such an enigma/tosser.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He is a muppet from the little i have seem. Self promotion in public. But good luck to him, he may be the next Ferguson, i just very much doubt it.

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I would bet hat the villa fans will end up taking a shine to him

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Listening to the radio just now and they were harping on about Sherwood heading down from the stands to the Villa dressing room to give the players a 'pep talk'. Apparently he was telling them to "go out in the second half and express yourselves!".

This football managing malarky is a piece of cake.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here