Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tim Loughton

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It is a major point often ignored, unless you risk washing up on the beach there is now no other official way to seek asylum in the UK. The numbers are really very small when you consider the number of refugees in the world and the wealth of the UK, let alone the contribution British policy and weapons do to create refugees. It's amazing how these goons can make Tim and Kier look like radicals. Although Kier has decided to treat being ahead in the polls as a chance to court Farage's support on immigration.
I’m all for providing more help so long as I don’t have to pay for and it’s not to the detriment of our current services. If we can find a way of getting more money out of those that hide millions if not billions of their personal wealth, as well as tax evaders and avoiders, then great. We should do this.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I honestly doubt he is, purely because locals will never vote labour in sufficient quantity.

Adur needs a decent Lib Dem or Green candidate and for Labour to stand aside. It was proven to work at a recent local council election.

Tim will be on a dinghy to nowhere then.

It won't happen, Labour will f*** it up, chose someone unelectable and he'll hang in there Again.
Well, it nearly halved between 2015 and 2019, so...

Based on my experiences of/with him, I certainly won't be voting for him next time around.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
fair enough. I thought Tim Loughton made a good point but I guess he was misguided
He did make a good point because he cornered Braverman into admitting the scenario was caused by the Home Office not allowing any other means.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Does it really matter what party any of them are from or what Rosette you wear ?

For me, someone who used to be a proud Brit, standing up for what's right, I am thoroughly ashamed by that :blush:

Parliamentary committees are one of the only places that truth still comes out.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Well, it nearly halved between 2015 and 2019, so...

Based on my experiences of/with him, I certainly won't be voting for him next time around.
Sophie with Wotsits ran him close, because A: she engaged at all levels and B: persuaded the apathetic to get off their sofas ( no mean feat). Last time Labour struck shit and ran with it . . . . Lavinia O'Connor may be a lovely personand a good politician etc etc, but Adur, en masse will not ever vote for a dies in the wool Old School Scottish labour candidate, it was lunacy. And the result proves it. I went to the hustings and knew it was going to be a car crash thereafter.

what happens next is anyones guess.

If I had the time and a load of money to burn I'd stand myself,

monster raving looney probably 😂

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Edit...removed pointless dig at him

Good point well made.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I suppose the point is that the only way to claim asylum, as basically admitted by Braverman, is to enter the country illegally and then claim asylum. As we are trying to stop illegal immigration we need to provide legal routes for genuine asylum seekers with strong claims for asylum, which would theoretically reduce the numbers arriving illegally, allow us to process the illegal immigrants quicker, and allow us to be tougher on illegal immigration because we wouldn't be treating people like this hypothetical child unfairly.
i know, what im highlighting is the lack of clear policy from anyone to make those legal routes. Loughton isnt banging a drum for accepting any overseas applications or offshore reception centres.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here