Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tim Loughton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He's my MP and I've never had much time for him. An avid supporter of Andrea Leadsome when she ran against May for party leader and I thought a member of the rabid Tory ERG so...

Well done Mr Laughton for actually nailing down the absurdity and cruelty of our current asylum rules. There may still be some hope for the country yet !

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Had a chat with him in Southwick Square over a significant local issue that would affect me personally and significantly, no help whatsoever.
They're all the same.

Reactions: cjd

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
dealt with him a few times in a work capacity and he was very unhelpful

but he does extremely well here

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Cannot stand Loughton he's a self serving lazy right wing twit who as an ex minister in the education department consistently voted against providing free school meals to the very poorest out of term time, I will be pleased to see loose his seat at the next election.
However on this occasion it was a legitimate question to ask but let’s not get to carried away his views on migrants has over the years has never been very sympathetic .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wrote to tell him that he was a creepy, toady, Tory **** once.
He didn’t even reply the creepy, toady, Tory ****.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I found it quite strange never met him but seen him many times on southern politics TV shows and he came across as a typical tory not understanding a lot of social issues. In this video he just skewered her and she had to turn to those around her to state a key process because she couldn't.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
disingenuous question though, there hasnt been a legal route and i dont think he's asking for one.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
First had contact with him when he knocked on our door in the 1997 election during Harty Jnr‘s 2nd birthday party, wasn’t a fan for a number of years as I found him quite aloof, but have to say as I’ve got to know him especially in the last decade or so he is a very good constituency MP, that won’t go down well on here I know.

Both he and Sir Peter Bottomley did a lot for the victims families at the time of the Shoreham Air Crash, which people clearly wouldn’t have known about.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
disingenuous question though, there hasnt been a legal route and i dont think he's asking for one.
Of course, it wasn't. He knew that and wanted her to admit it. This is what committees are for, to examine policy and try to make the minister concerned accountable.
She knew it, which is why she looked so uncomfortable. She has avoided three urgent questions in the House already.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I suppose the point is that the only way to claim asylum, as basically admitted by Braverman, is to enter the country illegally and then claim asylum. As we are trying to stop illegal immigration we need to provide legal routes for genuine asylum seekers with strong claims for asylum, which would theoretically reduce the numbers arriving illegally, allow us to process the illegal immigrants quicker, and allow us to be tougher on illegal immigration because we wouldn't be treating people like this hypothetical child unfairly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suppose the point is that the only way to claim asylum, as basically admitted by Braverman, is to enter the country illegally and then claim asylum. As we are trying to stop illegal immigration we need to provide legal routes for genuine asylum seekers with strong claims for asylum, which would theoretically reduce the numbers arriving illegally, allow us to process the illegal immigrants quicker, and allow us to be tougher on illegal immigration because we wouldn't be treating people like this hypothetical child unfairly.
Five times you have used the word illegal or illegally. The United Nations convention that Britain signed up to in 1951, says asylum seekers and refugees are not illegal, no matter how they enter the country.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Cannot stand Loughton he's a self serving lazy right wing twit who as an ex minister in the education department consistently voted against providing free school meals to the very poorest out of term time, I will be pleased to see loose his seat at the next election.
However on this occasion it was a legitimate question to ask but let’s not get to carried away his views on migrants has over the years has never been very sympathetic .
Quite, just a point scoring exercise. Whats laughable is TL wouldn't let them in anyway. His voting record for decades now stands testament to his true blue stance.

The average 8 year old could ask a question to put SB in a pickle.

Last edited:

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
It is a major point often ignored, unless you risk washing up on the beach there is now no other official way to seek asylum in the UK. The numbers are really very small when you consider the number of refugees in the world and the wealth of the UK, let alone the contribution British policy and weapons do to create refugees. It's amazing how these goons can make Tim and Kier look like radicals. Although Kier has decided to treat being ahead in the polls as a chance to court Farage's support on immigration.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Probably getting a bit worried about his majority slipping away...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Probably getting a bit worried about his majority slipping away...
I honestly doubt he is, purely because locals will never vote labour in sufficient quantity.

Adur needs a decent Lib Dem or Green candidate and for Labour to stand aside. It was proven to work at a recent local council election.

Tim will be on a dinghy to nowhere then.

It won't happen, Labour will f*** it up, chose someone unelectable and he'll hang in there Again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here