[Albion] Ticket Exchange

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Fair enough; it’s a personal choice and, like you, I’ve taken the official route and transferred my ST to the usual recipient when I can’t go, who has bought an Albion+ membership.

I don’t think there’s much chance of ID checks being implemented though, unless the person you give it to is subject to a banning order or is daft enough to get themselves ejected. There’s no more risk than there was last season when people were regularly sharing season tickets cards, and I think the club will continue to turn a blind eye.

I’m sure you’re right :thumbsup:

I’ve just always taken the view that if there’s a legitimate way to do something - that’s what I’ll do. I know that’s boring to some … I’m just not much of a risk taker …

I can almost guarantee that if I was to pass my ticket on to someone not named on the ticket - that’ll be the time they decided to check 😂😂

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Always makes me laugh the lengths some people will go to defend the club whatever the circumstances. They do get most things right but not this time.

The reality is that today people will vote with their feet or more accurately pockets. There will be rows of empty seats in what should be a packed out stadium because its too expensive / complex to transfer tickets and there will be fewer casual supporters who could turn into full time supporters as a consequence. Clubs loss. Nobody gains.

It really isn’t complex. In fact it’s far more convenient being able to simply forward an email containing a print-at-home ticket rather than having to arrange supply and return of a season ticket card!

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Always makes me laugh the lengths some people will go to defend the club whatever the circumstances. They do get most things right but not this time.

The reality is that today people will vote with their feet or more accurately pockets. There will be rows of empty seats in what should be a packed out stadium because its too expensive / complex to transfer tickets and there will be fewer casual supporters who could turn into full time supporters as a consequence. Clubs loss. Nobody gains.

Always makes me laugh how people exaggerate things to try and back up their point of view!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Why are so many STH unable to go tomorrow? 3,000? Isn’t it part of the deal that you buy your ST for a season? You can hardly blame the Albion if you decide to go on holiday, to a wedding, have a BBQ when there is a game on.

Oh, and doesn’t the food and drink revenue go to the caterers, ie not the Albion?

I decided to go on holiday in early 2020 unfortunately along came Covid and the pesky Premier League did not release the next season’s fixtures that early.

The holiday for which I have paid £4K for has been postponed about 4 times, the reason we are not going is we don’t want to catch anything pre Covid test on Sunday.

You carry on being the hero and never missing a game, personally other things come first in my priorities.

Oh and we are missing the Newcastle game in Nov as it’s my grandsons birthday ( if that’s ok with you)?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It really isn’t complex. In fact it’s far more convenient being able to simply forward an email contains a print-at-home ticket rather than having to arrange supply and return of a season ticket card!

There's been post after post on here and elsewhere about tickets updating every 5 minutes, not updating, I can't make it, how much to transfer it? I'm not paying that, I've got a Nokia 6110 like Neo in the matrix which isn't so flash nowadays and I can't find my Google wallet.

I'm sure it will sort itself out in time but it hardly seems seemless at the minute to me.

Last edited:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
There's been post after post on here and elsewhere about tickets updating every 5 minutes, not updating, I can't make it, how much to transfer it? I'm not paying that, I've got a Nokia 6110 like Neo in the matrix which isn't so flash nowadays and I can't find my Google wallet.

I'm sure it will sort itself out in time but it hardly seems seemless at the minute to me.

The ST updating issue is nothing to do with the sharing scheme. I’ve shared my ticket this week and believe me: it was a piece of piss. It’s human nature to not like change, but I’m fairly confident the moaning will stop once people get used to the ease and flexibility of the process.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why doesn’t everyone who use to pass a season ticket on just get those people to buy a membership? It’s £25 so even if going to one game is good value. If they can’t be bothered to do that then perhaps that’s the sort of supporter we can do without.

This weekend is only match I’ll miss this season I reckon. If I paid £20 and friend paid £28 that’s £48. They could buy a match day ticket for £35. Why bother paying more and jumping through hoops? It’s on exchange but highly unlikely to sell given the clubs tickets haven’t sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Always makes me laugh how people exaggerate things to try and back up their point of view!

OK then let's stick to the facts

-It's a £90 expenditure to transfer 2 tickets before the ticket price is taken into account (2 x £20 transfer and 2 x £25 Albion plus). Granted, its one off but this will put people off today and in future especially those that are planning on 1 or 2 games a season or on the flip side those that attend 16 or so games a season and rarely need to offload their ticket.
-It is not a requirement to have Albion plus to purchase a ticket on general sale. You need a fan number which has all your personal details so the club will know who is in the ground. Why the 2 tiered system?

It doesn't really matter what I think but it does matter if seats are empty. Full stadiums can win games. Atmosphere helps the team, Maupay in particular looks better with a crowd around. Last season 12 teams had better away records than home and it doesn't take a genius to work out why that was. I think there will be more empty seats today and that is a shame after the last 18 months.

Last edited:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The ST updating issue is nothing to do with the sharing scheme. I’ve shared my ticket this week and believe me: it was a piece of piss. It’s human nature to not like change, but I’m fairly confident the moaning will stop once people get used to the ease and flexibility of the process.

Given I never got to the sharing stage it is reassuring to know the process is straightforward. I'm waiting till half term which is my next chance to get down until all this sorts itself out / we are locked down with covid and no one can go anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys the game today. I've got a duck to score, rain to watch and catches to drop.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
OK then let's stick to the facts

-It's a £90 expenditure to transfer 2 tickets before the ticket price is taken into account (2 x £20 transfer and 2 x £25 Albion plus). Granted, its one off but this will put people off today and in future especially those that are planning on 1 or 2 games a season or on the flip side those that attend 16 or so games a season and rarely need to offload their ticket.
-It is not a requirement to have Albion plus to purchase a ticket on general sale. You need a fan number which has all your personal details so the club will know who is in the ground. Why the 2 tiered system?

It doesn't really matter what I think but it does matter if seats are empty. Full stadiums can win games. Atmosphere helps the team, Maupay in particular looks better with a crowd around. Last season 12 teams had better away records than home and it doesn't take a genius to work out why that was. I think there will be more empty seats today and that is a shame after the last 18 months.

That's a bold statement! Granted, fans in the ground help but whether the crowd is 30k or 27k won't make a difference to the atmosphere.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
To my mind it would make sense to adapt the current policy, if there are no pairs left then add the 2+ exchange tickets or even all of them within 24 hours of KO. This guarantees two tickets are bought simultaneously and results in a similar net profit to the club.

It would also avoid loosing potential sales close to the match for people unwilling to sit separately who would otherwise go if they could get a pair, 3 or a 4 through exchange tickets.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I decided to go on holiday in early 2020 unfortunately along came Covid and the pesky Premier League did not release the next season’s fixtures that early.

The holiday for which I have paid £4K for has been postponed about 4 times, the reason we are not going is we don’t want to catch anything pre Covid test on Sunday.

You carry on being the hero and never missing a game, personally other things come first in my priorities.

Oh and we are missing the Newcastle game in Nov as it’s my grandsons birthday ( if that’s ok with you)?

We have choices. We make decisions. Why should the club have to accommodate these?

Ps - enjoy your holiday……. And chill.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This weekend is only match I’ll miss this season I reckon. If I paid £20 and friend paid £28 that’s £48. They could buy a match day ticket for £35. Why bother paying more and jumping through hoops? It’s on exchange but highly unlikely to sell given the clubs tickets haven’t sold out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough but I'm guessing most of the noises about this are coming from people that either miss about 5 or 6 games a season or those that borrow their tickets for those games.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
To my mind it would make sense to adapt the current policy, if there are no pairs left then add the 2+ exchange tickets or even all of them within 24 hours of KO. This guarantees two tickets are bought simultaneously and results in a similar net profit to the club.

It would also avoid loosing potential sales close to the match for people unwilling to sit separately who would otherwise go if they could get a pair, 3 or a 4 through exchange tickets.

Not quite sure what you are saying? Are you suggesting the exchange should open earlier to increase the likelihood of more pairs?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Not quite sure what you are saying? Are you suggesting the exchange should open earlier to increase the likelihood of more pairs?

The club should open it up close to kick off regardless of whether the initial tickets have sold out, especially if only a meager choice remains. I've just had a look and there is nothing in the NS, this is enough to put some people off as they can't meet friends on the same concourse.

As a working example, say 2 of my pals want to come today as they found out they're not working this morning but they would only sit in the NS. Then what?

We will turn up and there will be many empty seats around us in the NS.

Last edited:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
It’s a fascinating debate … and as with most things in life, people’s fortunate views and opinions that no matter how stacked the evidence is against that view … they will never change that view.

I used to watch the news and read lots of political stuff on Twitter etc … it used to get me angry and stressed. Then I thought - why? Getting stressed and angry wasn’t going to change anything. And the hardened views here aren’t going to change what the process is … certainly not this season.

And yes, I no these places are all about debate. But for goodness sake - haven’t we done this one to death!!

Anyway … that’s my view/opinion … and I’m not going to change it … so there!! :lol:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Maybe it's just me, but everyone I would 'lend' my ticket to are already Albion plus members anyway for when they buy their one off tickets, so the cost to them is £20 a season, not the £45 for a single game quoted by so many on here :shrug:

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Maybe it's just me, but everyone I would 'lend' my ticket to are already Albion plus members anyway for when they buy their one off tickets, so the cost to them is £20 a season, not the £45 for a single game quoted by so many on here :shrug:

I and others have said the same ... but those that have already made their minds up won't budge!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The club solved problem of those that for different reasons wanted to share a ST albeit at extra cost. However cant get over fact that those that miss odd game it cost £45 to hand ticket over for just one game and many not happy. Of course it is going to result in many empty seats which is a pity but more of a worry some will not renew next season. Have no problem that 1901 members are allowed to pass seats but it does show it is possible and has been put in place to try and increase income.
I think club needs to compromise and say allow ticket to be passed on a limited number of times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports