Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thumbs Up/Down

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's exactly my point. The introduction of a thumbs down graphic is confusing, providing the potential to think 'How the hell did I manage to give him/her a thumb down?'

Even if you are unliking a post, and you want the thumb to symbolise a functionality of a link rather than a current rating of a post, a thumb down graphic is misleading as it suggests you are giving it a thumbs down (dislike) rather than simply returning it to a neutral rating.

The Daily Mail website has it sussed with its hollowed green arrows (and filled in green arrow for when you've rated a post yourself):

But Bozza didn't design this modification, if you think it could be done better go and find the person who made the modification and suggest the changes to him, there is nothing anyone here can do about it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But Bozza didn't design this modification, if you think it could be done better go and find the person who made the modification and suggest the changes to him, there is nothing anyone here can do about it.

Surely the thumb down graphic is just a picture stored on NSC's server somewhere?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's exactly my point. The introduction of a thumbs down graphic is confusing, providing the potential to think 'How the hell did I manage to give him/her a thumb down?'

Even if you are unliking a post, and you want the thumb to symbolise a functionality of a link rather than a current rating of a post, a thumb down graphic is misleading as it suggests you are giving it a thumbs down (dislike) rather than simply returning it to a neutral rating.

The Daily Mail website has it sussed with its hollowed green arrows (and filled in green arrow for when you've rated a post yourself):

So you seemingly AGREED with the RIDICULOUS suugestion, that nobody "should EVER wait for an ambulance" and should instead always "drive them to hospital in your car"?

#madness

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
So you seemingly AGREED with the RIDICULOUS suugestion, that nobody "should EVER wait for an ambulance" and should instead always "drive them to hospital in your car"?

#madness

To be honest, I clicked any old post! I wasn't going to wade through all the crap posted on the Daily Mail comments section to find the one in thousand that wasn't foaming at the mouth.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Does the colour really matter FFS I've read through the last 3 pages (on tapatalk ) and there is an in depth debate going on about the colour of the thumbs up / down facility!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Can you consider getting rid of it entirely? Can't see that it adds anything whatsoever to the board.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can you consider getting rid of it entirely? Can't see that it adds anything whatsoever to the board.

Bozza has promised a poll on yes/no or yes with some tinkering. Personally I think its a waste of time and best to disable your "Thumbs " notifications until the scheme is abandoned.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I would give you a friendly thumbs down for this comment if I could, but I have been forced to post my disagreement.

And that's exactly the way I prefer it. Granted, I may be in the minority but it's worth a poll isn't it?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I have only just noticed a subtle change to just a " Thumbs up " option on posts , that should make things better.

Dec 29, 2011
And that's exactly the way I prefer it. Granted, I may be in the minority but it's worth a poll isn't it?

Most people claim they don't care about thumbs up/down. If that's the case why not just add the thumbs down button back in for those of us that like to vent by pressing a small red button?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'm getting far too many thumbs up lately. It's bad for my image.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm getting far too many thumbs up lately. It's bad for my image.
What ever you do don't post of photo of Calde doing Calde type stuff.

There's nothing that bloke can't cure, your bad boy image will take a hammering.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
300 thumbs already. It's great to be popular.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here