Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] THREE YEAR banning order for running onto the pitch at the Amex...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Correct and we have seen very recently that the court will overturn them. But that is down to the luck of the draw as to what magistrate or judge you get. I would say more often than not the court will side with the police with most matters.

They were to stop large scale disorder at regulated football matches. You only have to fart at football now and you are looking at a banning order. Anything that makes it court that is football related no matter how tenuous the link the police will automatically apply for a banning order. This lad has ran on the pitch, no one got hurt. He should have had his details taken, told if he does it again they'll take it further and kicked out the ground. Shouldn't have got anywhere near the courts, likewise the Palace mushty.

I don't recall seeing anyone getting a banning order for farting at the football, just breaking the law by entering the field of play

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The Leicester fan who ran on the pitch and assaulted players got a 10 year ban plus prison.

Cameron Toner (19), from Whetstone, ran onto the pitch as Nottingham Forest players celebrated their third goal and punched three of the players. He was arrested at the ground and charged with going onto the area of play at a football match and three charges of assault. He pleaded guilty at Nottingham Magistrates Court, where the CPS applied for a Football Banning Order. Toner was sentenced to four months' imprisonment for the assaults, fined £100 for encroaching on the pitch and issued with a football banning order preventing him from attending any club or international matches for ten years.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/cps/news/10-year-football-banning-order-fa-cup-pitch-invasion

Sorry but I wasn't commenting on an incursion to assault players (or staff or other fans). That is an assault and of course it should be heavily punished. IMO that is a world away from jumping over the wall and mincing about a bit. I'm with Arthur on this one.

I can't cast the first stone because I have gone on the pitch many times over the years and I'm sure plenty here giving the lad shit have done it too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sorry but I wasn't commenting on an incursion to assault players (or staff or other fans). That is an assault and of course it should be heavily punished. IMO that is a world away from jumping over the wall and mincing about a bit. I'm with Arthur on this one.

I can't cast the first stone because I have gone on the pitch many times over the years and I'm sure plenty here giving the lad shit have done it too.

We all know the rules now, they're quoted exhaustively by clubs and authorities so if some dimbot chooses to ignore them and run onto the pitch, then I have zero sympathy for the consequences they reap. Yes a lot of the time its harmless, but nobody knows at the time what is in the heads of these fans who storm onto the pitch. Or - crucially - what is in their pockets. Nobody deserves to be exposed to that in their place of work.

So far the worst of it has been a few clumps on some players and a manager (which is obviously bad enough). If this sense of entitlement from fans to go on the field of play and 'interact' with players / officials is not stamped out and HARSHLY, then who knows what it could potentially lead to. Stadiums are stuffed with coked-up wronguns these days, players should not be at the mercy of these pricks. Ban them for years. End of.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've not read this thread so apologies if no one has even said the phrase "you can't control the passion that makes you run on the pitch" or likewise but I found it very interesting to watch the Wales Ukraine match recently. Wales win. Qualify for a world cup for the first time in 346 years and everyone stays in their seats but the noise and joy was brilliant.

THEN, because everyone stayed off the pitch, the team celebrated brilliantly with an emotional Dafydd Iwan singing Yma O Hyd with the players.

I'm not welsh but the moment was phenomenal. I imagine that would have been ruined by people running on the pitch at full time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

When was the last time you ran onto the pitch during the game?
What was the game?
What were the consequences of those actions?
Why didn't you join matey with his harmless bantz?

For me the answers are;-

Never.
N/A
N/A
Because I know I'll get A 3 YEAR BANNING ORDER.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
That's your old skool view. There have been too many recent incidents where you don't know what someone on the pitch is going to do.

I don't think it's "Old Skool". Football is a tribalistic sport and that is what makes it so appealing to many. But let's say it I am "Old Skool"......wasn't football A LOT more fun during the "Old Skool" days?

It's ****ing boring now as this board proves after pretty much every home game with people moaning about the atmosphere. Someone tries to create a bit of atmosphere and is widely chastised by the club, law and now the "lock em up and throw away the key brigade" on here. You can't have it both ways!!

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I don't think it's "Old Skool". Football is a tribalistic sport and that is what makes it so appealing to many. But let's say it I am "Old Skool"......wasn't football A LOT more fun during the "Old Skool" days?

It's ****ing boring now as this board proves after pretty much every home game with people moaning about the atmosphere. Someone tries to create a bit of atmosphere and is widely chastised by the club, law and now the "lock em up and throw away the key brigade" on here. You can't have it both ways!!
Big fences, searched on entry, fights inside the ground? No. Not more fun.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Some chav runs on the pitch to flick v signs at opposition fans and you think that’s atmosphere ?

I was just thinking how many giving the lad dog's abuse have "entered the field of play" in the past. I have done - countless times. Exuberence. Celebration. Protest.

The lad didn't assault players or other fans. He just ran on the pitch. Three years is much too harsh and indicative of how precious the game has become.

If it gets backdated I'm looking at a 75 year ban😲

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When was the last time you ran onto the pitch during the game?
What was the game?
What were the consequences of those actions?
Why didn't you join matey with his harmless bantz?

For me the answers are;-

Never.
N/A
N/A
Because I know I'll get A 3 YEAR BANNING ORDER.

Its a shame though. I'd pay good money to watch you being chased around the pitch by the Stewards. Significantly more than the current ticket price, in fact, in case Barbs is looking for ideas for new revenue streams.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

This sanctimonious attitude is not new, it’s as old as the hills in this country, a schism of the old class system.

If there is a “community” genuinely despised by the chattering classes it’s the working class, and especially when they misbehave. This board is saturated with the middling classes (actual and grasping) with their pearls firmly clutched when they witness drunken exuberance. The rules are the rules, lock em up and throw away they key they chant.

Yet when Tabitha and Tarquin glue themselves to the motorway such civil disobedience is indulged. We know who they are……joyless puritans all.

Fact is they didn’t have fun at football in the old days either, because they didn’t like working class environments, with the rougher types. Sky Sports has a lot to answer for.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Wonder what the sentence would be now for the two herberts,during our protest phase, who ran on the pitch at half time ( orient if my memory serves) and handcuffed themselves to the goal?

Substitute excessive with ......."3 years.....what a load of bollocks"

Nah….Hull

There was always fun to be had with Orient.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
This sanctimonious attitude is not new, it’s as old as the hills in this country, a schism of the old class system.

If there is a “community” genuinely despised by the chattering classes it’s the working class, and especially when they misbehave. This board is saturated with the middling classes (actual and grasping) with their pearls firmly clutched when they witness drunken exuberance. The rules are the rules, lock em up and throw away they key they chant.

Yet when Tabitha and Tarquin glue themselves to the motorway such civil disobedience is indulged. We know who they are……joyless puritans all.

Fact is they didn’t have fun at football in the old days either, because they didn’t like working class environments, with the rougher types. Sky Sports has a lot to answer for.

What a load of old toss mate. Probably highlights your beliefs more than anyone elses.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I get more abuse from dog owners , than some idiot who ran on the pitch , I know what I feel more threatened with

If you are one of the tw@ts that cycle along the footpath at ridiculous speeds near me or my dog, yep, guilty, I'll give you abuse. Lorts of it. Actually had some old fart (about my age) and his wife head towards my dog on his bike (I assume on purpose) and miss him and me by inches, on a dedicated cycle/walking footpath thats 6-8' wide and we were right up against the edge. He thought it was funny to go close to us with a 'near miss'. Suffice to say, i didn't.

As for running on the pitch. My one and only time is after the final whistle when we got promoted. Would not consider it at any other time. The club and other clubs are right in jumping on this right away, as others have said, its the start of a slippery slope. Ban the idjits. 3 years is enough for them to come to some sort of sense, I hope.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

What are you wittering on about ? It’s not middle class to dislike drunks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its a shame though. I'd pay good money to watch you being chased around the pitch by the Stewards. Significantly more than the current ticket price, in fact, in case Barbs is looking for ideas for new revenue streams.

"Chased" is writing cheques the rest of the sentence can't cash.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I've not read this thread so apologies if no one has even said the phrase "you can't control the passion that makes you run on the pitch" or likewise but I found it very interesting to watch the Wales Ukraine match recently. Wales win. Qualify for a world cup for the first time in 346 years and everyone stays in their seats but the noise and joy was brilliant.

THEN, because everyone stayed off the pitch, the team celebrated brilliantly with an emotional Dafydd Iwan singing Yma O Hyd with the players.

I'm not welsh but the moment was phenomenal. I imagine that would have been ruined by people running on the pitch at full time.

This is the YouTube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T23xbErYt3U

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Joyless you say, yet you’re a poster with such joy and merriment, that happy presence everywhere you go. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here