Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Three of our players on TV tonight with Blackburn v Middlesbrough

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The most startling difference for me between the EPL and Championship, is clearances.

Blackburn could be on the cusp of top flight football, but all game they’ve pumped aimless long clearances to unchallenged Boro players. Possibly one a minute.

Very little culture.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Me too. And been in person to probably a thousand games. I can't recall ever seeing it. Maybe once but I think they maybe carried the person out from the stadium and into the concourse.

Which is probably how it used to be done. I think the Eriksen incident made people aware that there is excellent medical personnel and equipment on football stadiums and that treating them on the spot might often be a better decision than transporting them away immediatly.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There have been quite a few cardiac arrests at the Amex although often as people are leaving the stadium. My dad was the first in Nov 2011. So it does happen and the record of people surviving is very good due to the number of defibrillators around the stadium and the training given to staff.
My dad was 78 when it happened and is still with us.
I think you’d be surprised how common this is.
In fact the Goldstone was one of the first grounds in the country with a defibrillator due to the World leading Cardiologist Professor Chamberlain implementing its use.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Apparently there was a huge bet on there being a medical emergency in the crowd in the second half !

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Said it in the Connolly thread but;

Wouldn’t be shocked to see us monitoring that Ryan Nyambe at Blackburn.

RWB who can play CB, only turned 24 last month but has played 150 games - almost all of them at Championship level. Out of contract in the summer and unlikely to sign a new deal. Wouldn’t be a bad bargain signing to be a like for like back-up to Lamptey.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Connolly blazes over the bar from 8 yards in stoppage time. Not a sitter but should have done better

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There have been quite a few cardiac arrests at the Amex although often as people are leaving the stadium. My dad was the first in Nov 2011. So it does happen and the record of people surviving is very good due to the number of defibrillators around the stadium and the training given to staff.
My dad was 78 when it happened and is still with us.
I think you’d be surprised how common this is.
In fact the Goldstone was one of the first grounds in the country with a defibrillator due to the World leading Cardiologist Professor Chamberlain implementing its use.

First in Europe and first anywhere that didn't require trained medical staff.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well.. that was some kind of game. Thought all the Brighton players looked decent.

Connolly certainly wasn't decent. Going in with the elbow after taking a yellow for the team was stupid in the extreme, he offers nothing in the air and missed a decent chance. Can't have had very many touches either?

Khadra is a much better player on tonight's evidence.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Connolly certainly wasn't decent. Going in with the elbow after taking a yellow for the team was stupid in the extreme, he offers nothing in the air and missed a decent chance. Can't have had very many touches either?

Khadra is a much better player on tonight's evidence.

24 touches, not a lot no. But both he and Sporar was decent considering how garbage that Boro midfield was. Khadra had a decent game as well, some nice dribbles and drive with the ball and some truly horrific crosses. Bit better than AC tonight but there's a lot of nights to come. Hopefully they will both do well for the rest of the season.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Said it in the Connolly thread but;

Wouldn’t be shocked to see us monitoring that Ryan Nyambe at Blackburn.

RWB who can play CB, only turned 24 last month but has played 150 games - almost all of them at Championship level. Out of contract in the summer and unlikely to sign a new deal. Wouldn’t be a bad bargain signing to be a like for like back-up to Lamptey.

He would be the first ever Namibian Premier League footballer if he extends his Blackburn stay and they go up.

If we do sign Nyambe as a Lamptey back-up, he'd be the very first Namibian to don our stripes as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Is it me, or is this type of occurrence happening more and more these days ? Used to be once in a blue moon, now its happening quite regularly.

Odd.

I wonder if the difference is that medical emergencies didn't previously attract as much attention. I've been in grounds before where people collapsed and were treated without it being noted or having any effect on the match. I think Christian Eriksen's cardiac arrest changed that, leading indirectly to the situation at Newcastle this season where players got the game stopped when someone needed treatment in the crowd.. and now every 'medical emergency' gets reported. It's the old 'media magnification' issue.

**edit... didn't initially read a lot of other people saying much the same.... **

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here